Aero wiper

rosiedog

A2OC Donor
My 2001 tdi seems to have a standard-ish wiper set up .
I want to fit an aero blade.
Having visited the local TPS they tell me that i need a different wiper arm assy to do this first at enormous cost.
Is this correct ?
Any help would be most welcome.

My 2001 tdi seems to have a standard-ish wiper set up .
I want to fit an aero blade.
Having visited the local TPS they tell me that i need a different wiper arm assy to do this first at enormous cost.
Is this correct ?
Any help would be most welcome.
Hi

You can buy Aero style wipers that wilkl fit the early arm, just look for the year on the advert and choose a wiper blade to suit a 2001 (for example) A2.

I will see if I can find the eBay one that I bought.
Steve B

i fitted just the blade to the original arm and its fine. you just need to move the arm up a tiny bit so it dont bang on the bottom of the window trim

I recently upgraded my wiper (bought the wiper+new arm kit from Stoke Audi). Oh man, best money I ever spent on my A2. Using the wiper now is just pure pleasure. Wish I did it sooner.... Before that I did buy the Bosh blade with the special attachment, using my old arm, but it had some issues.

i upgraded to the aero arm & couldnt be more happy. I didnt pay the dealer prices, i bought one off ebay for £41 posted :cool:

My aero blade arrived today as recommended by SteveB, looks ok. Thanks Steve for that.
Will give some feedback once fitted.
Regarding the aero arm, put down a deposit and collecting another 75 Tdi with one already fitted , as we do ! !
A SE with working pan roof , double din, cruise and hand brake storage.

The new blade works really well , clears the screen more effectively than the previous set up.
A good recommendation Steve , thanks.

0ba5e2b47d799800a0052494f948aca9.jpg
I fitted the new style arm and heated washer jets also done the heated mirrors too

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Back