Webasto heater fault

Coolpix

Hi all hope you can help got a 2001 14tdi webasto has error 01413 dosing pump short to positive used vag com to do output tests on blower all ok and glow plug all ok disconnected the dosing pump started engine with temperature at 2.5 on dash can hear blower kick in but no feed on dosing pump checked all fuses what's the next step fwends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take 2 wires and give direct power to your fuel pump. Is it working or not?
Brown wire in port "2" is "ground", grey/yellow port "1" is "+".

Is there any damage at the electrical connection to your pump? "Short to positive" could be a damaged insulation with the grey/yellow wire having contact with the bodywork.
Those cables go from pump inside the car, rear legroom under the carpet, alongside sill, b-pillar to a-pillar into the green 17-fold-connector, driver´s legroom / A-pillar and from there to your heater.
Check all connectors - pump and heater - regarding faulty sealings and corrosion.

Found the fault very weird powered up pump all ok popped up rear seats and removed cover over top of fuel pump found that the original wiring loom to dosing pump taped to fuel pump loom and loom going to pump not even connected .
Wiring plug on original loom had rotted so cut wires solded to loom from pump and heat Shinked connections to pump and it seems to be working all ok now
Weird or what why would it have wiring not going to anything ?
As a foot note the dosing pump does not receive a constant feed it is pulsed on and off when checking with Test light
Hope this helps people with similar faults
Thanks again

Good to hear you managed to sort it out!
Haven´t heard of anything so strange like that before.

As a foot note the dosing pump does not receive a constant feed it is pulsed on and off when checking with Test light

Don´t worry, that´s completely normal and the way those Webasto pumps work. There´s a little piston inside moving back and forth, that´s why it´s not constant but pumping little "portions".

Could it be that someone disconnected it to save fuel (not knowing that the ECON button does that for you anyway?)

Steve B

I don't think so as it had a loom on pump and a separate loom on car weird or what

Back