eBay warning!

dickhilt

I don't know whether I'm allowed to post this and I'm sure the Mods will remove if it's not ok.

I thought I'd just warn other A2 owners about my experience with seller repair_crash_repair.
Turns out this is a company called Bluechip spares. Wish I'd looked them up on the forum!

Now I'll concede that it was initially my mistake.

In my excitement having just bought my A2 I hit the BIN button on a cup holder without fully reading ALL the listing which stated 'cash on collection only'. Doesn't even say what part of the country.
I just spotted 'ask seller for postage' quote and 'usually ships same day' and thought no more of it until I was unable to pay without first requesting a total. I did this and the almost immediate reply started 'are you ignorant or blind?'
Well things went from bad to worse and despite all my attempts to apologise and make offers of payment via their 'debit car hotline' and have it collected by courier they were declined and the threats and abuse continued culminating in 'you're money and business aren't welcome' and 'we're only interested in international buyers who pay top money' etc etc.
This is the most abusive and arrogant seller I have come across in 16 years on eBay. I had genuinely been looking at their leather interiors but no more!
Turns out they are London based.
So, to anyone thinking of buying from this seller you know what to expect. Two days to collect in person with cash or else!

Hope this helps prevent someone making the same innocent mistake as me!

Welcome to the forum, yes Bluechip spares are well known on these boards and as you have encountered are highly rude and overpriced.

Welcome to the forums, I suggest taking a look at the marketplace on these forums as we have many members selling items which may be of interest to you at very reasonable prices, theres also a useful how to guide section.

Kind regards
Hass

Its amazing that they are still in business but it looks like the strong Euro is keeping them going. It does make you wonder how the international buyers they brag of manage to do 'cash on collection' iin two days :)

Thanks Hass.
It's a fantastic forum which I benefitted from greatly when I last had an A2.

The upside of this story is I have complained to eBay about the abuse and they have told me they will take action and I am now under no obligation to pay.

This sellers attitude to us UK owners who just want the odd bit and piece is appalling!

Maybe they'll buy my light grey cloth seats lol

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Or I might post a wheel bolt to them and request a refund

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hass.
It's a fantastic forum which I benefitted from greatly when I last had an A2.

The upside of this story is I have complained to eBay about the abuse and they have told me they will take action and I am now under no obligation to pay.

This sellers attitude to us UK owners who just want the odd bit and piece is appalling!

He has no fear of eBay taking action, he regularly pops up with a new eBay userid and carries on his abusive telephone manner.

Lots of us have made genuine and courteous enquiries and been told we are idiots. In my case I was searching high and low for a DIS cluster for my A2 and I saw he had advertised one on eBay (at a very high price, but I was having trouble finding one. The picture showed a NON-DIS cluster and so I assumed he had just used a library picture. I therefore asked him to confirm the part number etc. and it was a NON-DIS cluster he was selling.

When I then said that it was not what I wanted, he lost control and became abusive and told me how he knows everything and he has salvaged cars worth millions so he can't be wrong!!!!

At the time he was also selling worn and kerbed 17" sport alloys for around £240 for ONE!!!!!!!

His prices are ridiculous and his manner is abusive, so I will never use him again even iof he was selling the rarest parts free!!!

Steve B

This guy is now trading under smash_repair_crash_repair username. I have just been caught out by him. Offered freight postage but unwilling to post and abusive mail back. Accusing me of being blind or ignorant?
A quick phone call to Ebay customer services and all ok.
Beware people.

And I thought it was something I'd done wrong.....

I tried calling this seller about one of their ebay listings this pm, as the page said to call to get a quicker response than an email. Well, I tried the number twice and twice it rang several times, then made a noise like it was transferring the call, then a click and the line disconnected. So I sent him an email.

Right from the off the tone was abrupt, verging on rude. Accused me of dialling the wrong number and insisted there's nothing wrong with their phones. Checked the number on my landline recall and I had dialled correctly. I had asked for better pictures to be emailed, which they offer to do in the auction listing. The email came back with no pictures and I was told instead to visit their website, which has "about 30 pictures".

I run my own company. How anyone survives in business with a manner like this is beyond me.

Sigh.

And I thought it was something I'd done wrong.....

I tried calling this seller about one of their ebay listings this pm, as the page said to call to get a quicker response than an email. Well, I tried the number twice and twice it rang several times, then made a noise like it was transferring the call, then a click and the line disconnected. So I sent him an email.

Right from the off the tone was abrupt, verging on rude. Accused me of dialling the wrong number and insisted there's nothing wrong with their phones. Checked the number on my landline recall and I had dialled correctly. I had asked for better pictures to be emailed, which they offer to do in the auction listing. The email came back with no pictures and I was told instead to visit their website, which has "about 30 pictures".

I run my own company. How anyone survives in business with a manner like this is beyond me.

Sigh.

I am always amazed at the responses from them, it is almost as if the mere mention of the Audi A2 sends him into one!!

It is not just that the responses are poor, they are amazingly aggressive.

Best left alone and not worth the publicity on here (even negative publicity should be avoided)

Steve B

Back