Rear damage

will26

Hi all.

It appears my a2 has suffered form a car going in to the back of it!

please see photos below indicating the boot around the reg plate has bent in and damage to the bumper.

If anyone can suggest how i might go about fixing these bumps and dents (i'd rather do so myself if possible) i'd be very grateful.

Thanks kindly in advance.

Will

Attachments

• IMAG1063.jpg
    IMAG1063.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG1061.jpg
    IMAG1061.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG1064.jpg
    IMAG1064.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG1066.jpg
    IMAG1066.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 259
Hi all.

It appears my a2 has suffered form a car going in to the back of it!

please see photos below indicating the boot around the reg plate has bent in and damage to the bumper.

If anyone can suggest how i might go about fixing these bumps and dents (i'd rather do so myself if possible) i'd be very grateful.

Thanks kindly in advance.

Will

I would look at replacement parts secondhand. You might even be able to get them in the same colour if you are lucky (try the members on here like A2Steve who have broken some unroadworthy A2s).

At least then it is a bolt off/ bolt on job.

Straightening aluminium bodywork (such as the tailgate) and repairing plastic bumpers, does not always produce great results.

Steve B

Yep just replace the parts to get it 100% , or otherwise you can try to bodge it it will be hard to bend the tail gate back in place and to sort out the protrusion on the bumper you'll have to cut and sand it flat then filler or a compound then a respray so it's more viable to get replacement parts hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Im just over the Bridge abouf 20 minutes outside Cardiff. If you can wait a couple of weeks I have a silver bootlid for you that you can just change over. I also have a replacement bumper for you. An excellent one in the wrong colour and a silver one with a small bit of damage but it would be easier to repair than yours.

Im just over the Bridge abouf 20 minutes outside Cardiff. If you can wait a couple of weeks I have a silver bootlid for you that you can just change over. I also have a replacement bumper for you. An excellent one in the wrong colour and a silver one with a small bit of damage but it would be easier to repair than yours.

hi all.

i really didnt consider replacing the parts, i thought it would be easier to fix them so thanks for the suggestion.

Steve - how much would a tailgate cost me?!
im worried about replacing not least the getting the locking mechanism to work with the fob....

cheers again all.

hi all.

i really didnt consider replacing the parts, i thought it would be easier to fix them so thanks for the suggestion.

im worried about replacing not least the getting the locking mechanism to work with the fob....

cheers again all.

Removing the tailgate will not affect the fob operation of the tailgate.

So worth trying to source these. The prices vary from very reasonable (such as from A2Steve) to mega expensive from the dreadfull scrapper in Cambridgeshire with the blue arrows in his eBay adverts.

So it is not possible to give you a price guide unfortunately

(sorry, I just realised you were probably asking A2Steve!)

Steve B

hi all.

cheers again all.

Hmm £25 for bumper and £40-50 for the tailgate depending on whether you want the boot lock as well. Far cheaper than a repair :)

Back