Shock absorbers

Coolpix

Hi everyone which shock absorbers do you recommend to improve the ride I currently have a 1.4 tdi 104000 miles and it's very wallowing on uneven roads not after sports handing or ride just better ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would consider fitting some Monroe reflex shock absorbers. I fitted them to mine .... very reasonable price with a good ride quality.

Yes I did...I bought the genuine ones from an Audi dealer parts dept as it made sense to change them at the same time.

I know the Meyle drop links are probably the best available but ive not heard of any reports on the shock absorbers... perhaps others can elaborate. :confused:

Never heard of them, full stop, and I've seen lots. I would personally go for Bilstein B4s if I wasn't looking for ground-hugging. I'm not convinced on the longevity of FSDs or Sachs. B4s are also incredibly cheap while being close to original in damper terms. Add B3 springs or Spidan while you're at it and replace *all* necessary parts at the same time. Parts listed here: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?27044-The-Definitive-Suspension-Parts-List

- Bret

Hi Bret, are the B4s any upgrade over the standard suspension (comfort more than sporty) or do i have to go for the B6s. There's a £100 difference per shock :eek:

B4 is relatively close to stock, B6 is quite a bit stiffer. B4 & B3 is similar to stock in ride height and comfort.

- Bret

Back