Seats- headrest..?

Mendes

Quick one.. I've noticed the rear seats headrests go all the way down as such:
a1e17907f1c4293e4e73bcd0b8cfd36a.jpg

But the front ones don't? They leave a huge gap, is this normal? Or is it just mine that doesn't go all the way down? If it is normal is there any way to get it as low as the rear seats? Btw the photo attached is the same as my interior except I don't have the leather :-( lol just don't have a photo of the interior at the moment. Thanks all
Mendes

Hi,

That is normal.

They are all like that.

Some people have mentioned trying to change that but it is fine as it is, surely?

Steve B

Hi,

That is normal.

They are all like that.

Some people have mentioned trying to change that but it is fine as it is, surely?

Steve B

I think it looks rather odd, maybe it's because I'm short? lol feels like I'm driving a giants car

The rears look nice & snug. I wonder if you cut the metal off a bit would it fit all the way in? Anyone tired it?
Mendes

To give the best protection in a rear end shunt, the centre of the headrest should be at eye level. If too low, the impact force which may tend to slide you up the seat backrest, will pivot your head over the top of the rest and cause serious neck injuries.

Don't ask me why they limit the front headrest position but not the back ones

Cheers Spike

I suggest that the rear ones are allowed to go all the way down to improve rear visbility when there are no rear passengers?
Lets face it, what % of time are cars driven with only front occupants?

I have often noticed after I have had rear passengers (admittedly usually other vehicles) that I have had to lower the rear head restraints to clear the rear view.

Just a thought! I have not checked the impact on restraint hight on rear view in the A2

There is also the consideration that when the rear seats are folded the head restraints have to be fully retracted so they do not hit the floor.
Perhaps I am answering the wrong question as there seems to be several reasons why the rear ones retract fully. If the real question to be answered is why do the front ones not fully retract that surely has to be the safety issue if preventing them being used a a neck rest which is lethal in a shunt.

Geoff

Last edited:
I noticed that someone had put one of the front headrests in the rear of an A2 I just bought and one rear one in the front.

The rears are smaller than the fronts and so it looked really strange, but I did notice that the rear headrest that was put in the front seat went all of the way down!

So if anyone really wanted to have no gap under the front headrest I suppose you could buy two rear headrests and put them in the front seats? They are smaller and so you would need to check that they would still protect in an accident, but you lose that gap!!

Steve B

Back