'76 Leyland Princess 2200 HLS
    '79 Scirocco Storm
    '84 Audi ur quattro
    '86 Audi coupe
    '01 A2 1.4 TDI SE

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the heads up.

I have enquired (as an example) about how this affects a post 2001 TDI and 1.6 FSI.

I suspect that they may be ok but no harm in checking.

But it does state clearly that if your car is prior to 1st Jan 2001 it will need the surcharge to be paid for each journey into the Congestion zone. That is 21.50 to drive into London !!!!!

But hopefully any A2 after Jan 2001 should be ok (we will see)

Steve B
    Last edited by Birchall; 17-02-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Does anybody know which engines - both petrol and diesel - meet the Euro IV standards?
    The guidelines clearly state cars registered before January 1st 2001 have to pay the emission charge but between 2001-2007 (all A2s) it is unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsurfer View Post
    Does anybody know which engines - both petrol and diesel - meet the Euro IV standards?
    The guidelines clearly state cars registered before January 1st 2001 have to pay the emission charge but between 2001-2007 (all A2s) it is unclear.

As I said above, I have contacted DVLA to ask that very question, as soon as they reply I will let you know for sure.

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Having looked at the A2 Wiki, I'm fairly sure that only TDi engine types BHC (75 hp) ATL (90 hp) and the 1.2 (3L) are Euro 4 compliant.

All AMF engines will be Euro 3 and for reference the BHC engine was introduced late 2003

Cheers Spike

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Having looked at the A2 Wiki, I'm fairly sure that only TDi engine types BHC (75 hp) ATL (90 hp) and the 1.2 (3L) are Euro 4 compliant.

All AMF engines will be Euro 3 and for reference the BHC engine was introduced late 2003

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike (as ever)

But I wonder if the DVLA will consider the engine code rather than just the CC and fuel type.

I think your breakdown of the types is 100% correct, but the DVLA are not known for their accuracy when it comes to things like that, unless there is a database somewhere that indicates the compliance to Euro 4 by engine code or Reg number?.

I have asked them about a tdi 90 and a 1.6 FSI, if someone else can enquire about the tdi 75 and 1.4 petrol then we will have the full details.

Steve B

Parkers list the following#

1.4 Petrol Euro Emissions 4
    1.4 TDI 75 Euro Emmision 4
    1.4 TDI 90 Euro Emmision 4

1.6 FSI Petrol Euro Emmision 4

So that wasn't much help, but their data is supposed to be reliable!

It even states that for model years 2000 to 2005 (when pre 2001 will definitely not qualify as exempt)

Steve B

Taken from Audi's official 2004 price list - all Euro 4 latterly anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emissions.png 
Views:	758 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	27349
    Now:
    1.6 FSI SE [2004] - Cobalt Blue

Open-sky system, climate control, heated platinum leather sports seats, unique professionally tailored sports steering wheel, all-round electric windows, cruise control, full DIS, komfortblinker, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, /S-line gear lever, TT pedals, front stowage tray, rear cup holder centre console, heated mirrors, HIDs, LEDs, OEM mud-flaps, collapsible spare wheel & retro-fitted mounting bracket, ScanGauge, 17" BBS multi-spoke alloy wheels (Summer), refurbished OEM SE 16" 6 spoke alloy wheels (Winter).

Was:
    1.4 TDI [75] 'Special Edition' [2005] - Akoya Silver

1.4 Petrol 'Special Edition' [2004] - Silver
    [Mrs C's]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-JVFNwFV4

Hi Darren,

That is good, so the Parkers site may well have been correct.

So that means it is only those registered in 1999 and 2000 that will attract the extra charge!

Yet another plus for the A2 design!

Steve B
    Last edited by Birchall; 17-02-2017 at 09:48 PM.

This looks like good news. I have a 2005 reg 1.4 TDi, and although I don't live in London it is only a matter of time till cities like Edinburgh where I do drive follow suit. I shall follow this thread carefully until we have a definitive answer, as I would prefer to hang onto my A2 for some years yet.
    A2 TDi - Sensible car
    Porsche Cayman - Serious car
    Porsche 924 - Old car
    Mk 3 MX5 - Fun car
    Mercedes C200d - Wife's car

11. Users that liked this post:

mrbroons (26-02-2017)