FSI Auxiliary Belt Tensioner (With A/C)

Topsie

Not sure if the A/C makes any difference or not, with the belt off the Auxiliary Belt Tensioner Pully is pretty ropey, not nice and smooth at all. Checked prices and was shocked at the £75 from GSF, still too much for me even with 50% off!

Now, when I say too much, what I mean is I really dislike paying money for something that I might be able to fix myself for a fraction of the cost...

Has anyone ever managed to press the bearing out and replace with a new bearing? My only reservation is that the pully is plastic and likely to break.

Nick

Thanks Spike, it almost looks like the pulley wheel is molded around the bearing, i'll grab some pics in a bit, but it certainly doesn't look like it'll come out easily! Going to measure and see if I can buy a pulley on it's own.

Nick

Just to close this one off, I wasn't able to remove the bearing and ended up purchasing the new tensioner pully combination from GSF with a 50% discount code. Still not cheap, specially considering I will not be replacing the tensioner, just the pully. I'll keep the tensioner as spares!

Nick

Back