Sorry to say this, but another little A2 is no more.

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I really think it will be written off after last nights impact. Young girl ran a red light and we met with a bang. Off side of mine and near side on hers. So I will be on the hunt for another very soon. Its all on my dash cam and the police have watched it and said there should be no problem with the claim.

As long as no one was hurt cars can be replaced, a PITA to do at times, but replaceable

How badly damaged is your A2 ?, if it is just bolt on bolt off parts e.g. doors, wheel arches etc then it may be worth buying it back of the insurance Co, you will likely get it for very little money, its an option for you
Was it a TDI, well speced A2, opensky etc

glad no one was hurt but i did have a chuckle when i heard the swear! if it were me you wouldve heard more swear words lol

whats annoying about the whole situation is that even though its not your fault, your premium will no doubt increase and more inconvenience filling out and explaining accident details in the next 5 years.

what worries me most is the mods/work carried out over the years only for it to be taken away in an instant if im in an accident :/ if they do write it off then buy it back and transfer whatever goodies you have to your new one!

cammy

I would have been angry having to listen to chas and Dave. The main thing is you are well and uninsured.

Edit. Lol at that iPad auto correct. I will leave it for posterity. I did of course mean uninjured.

Omg this is in Leigh. I know the junction very well. Even my Mrs hates that new junction.

I'm glad you're OK Johnny. I'm just down the road from you in Tyldesley. If I can help in any way drop me a message

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hope all involved is OK, sorry about the car, high five to the guy who came to your aid, off duty paramedic by any chance? He asked all the right questions.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

DSC_0004 (1).jpg

DSC_0002 (1).jpg

Not very clear im afraid, didnt really get enough but I am going to have to go to the compound in Ashton this week to get some bits I left in the car so will take some more photos.

What I do not know is what happens next, never been here before so its all new to me. Just to let you know , I was under the companies insurance when this happend and its third party only, another lad only two weeks ago got hit by a car pulling out on him and within two days he was back in work with a brand new courtesy car but he has not been paid out as yet.

Vespa 166.......yes he is a paramedic...........
This is the A2 I was going replace the shocks all round on only the other week, glad I didnt now.

Last edited:
Oh boy, they say it happens in threes , god forbid thats not true.
So today, 23rd, I decided to go to the A2 which is in bloody Widnes to collect some stuff from the car. So of I went about one oclock in the hire car , a ford focus 57 plate .
On reaching the M6 at junction 22 croft near Warrington on the A49 I noticed to my right a very large corrugated sheet from the roof of a farm building hurtling towards me
I kid you not, I thought it was going to hit me broadside but it landed in the road to my right and slid hitting the rear wheel arch of the car. Unfortunately I didnt have the dash cam fitted because the mount is in the A2. I was on my way to pick the mount up for the dash cam as well as the spare space saver.
Fortunately there was a roofer's van just behind me that filmed the aftermath of the incident and I managed later to contact the firm and the passenger rang me and sent me the footage. So now I have to pay for the damage to the hire car. So guys, if I never post again its probably cause im dead after being hit by a stampeding wilderbeast in my front room while watching emmerdale or something.

DSC_0025.JPG

https://youtu.be/uUd3uRIvhhU

Excuse the language guys by the lad that filmed it on his moby by the way. I suggest you turn the volume down just in case.

Last edited:
hopefully the 'comes in 3's' does not apply here
Make me laugh about the winder beast from Emmerdale, I can actually remember that last time I saw an animal on Emmerdale

So guys, if I never post again its probably cause im dead after being hit by a stampeding wilderbeast in my front room while watching emmerdale or something.

My great-grandfather got rolled over by his own tram, urinating around the back because he was drunk in charge.

I also have a relative who decapitated himself with an aeroplane propeller while starting it.

If its your time to go you might as well go in a spectacular way.

Last edited:
My great-grandfather got rolled over by his own tram, urinating around the back because he was drunk in charge.

I also have a relative who decapitated himself with an aeroplane propeller while starting it.

If its your time to go you might as well go in a spectacular way.

My Uncle was an Ice Cream seller, he "topped" himself (sorry, couldn't resist).

Steve B

Many thanks for the sympathy guys........................LOL.
On a positive note, the engineer's report has come back and He has valued the car at £2400 with the choice to buy the car back for £210. Estimated repair bill would be £3560 so a write off it is.

Back