Rear speakers wiring adapter

NIC NAC

Hi all I recently removed my Symphony ii stereo on my A2 to install a double din Kenwood
But I need to know which adapter I need to get my rear speakers working?

Nic Nac,

I'm no expert (hopefully someone will be along later to confirm the following) but if your not running Bose then the sound to your front speakers comes from the head unit and the sound to the rears come front the small gold Blaupunkt amplifier in the compartment in the drivers footwell.

To change the head unit to keep using the original audio then you would require:

eBay search 'Audi A2 rear amplified' or similar to find something like this. Read the please not at the bottom of the listing to ensure the Blaupunkt amplifier is activated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171237290154?redirect=mobile

If you do have Bose then all 4 speakers are powered by the larger black amplifier in the compartment in the driver footwell. It will be underneath a black mounting bracket. To continue to use the original audio (Bose Amp) then something like this would suit.

eBay search 'Audi A2 Bose' to find something like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads...310061?hash=item58b413abad:g:~OgAAOSwQItT80QE

i have not used any of these leads as I still use my trusty Chorus (tape, radio & boot changer) but it is certainly worth reading, if you've not already, a few threads from a Forum search of 'after market head unit'

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Tom

I'm not certain as I'm not going after market myself but from the item description it should work, paying particular attention to the Note at the bottom;

Please Note: To activate rear speakers, the blue & White wire on the Red mini ISO plug also needs to be connected to the Blue wire coming off of the New Head Unit (marked Amp Remote)

There are a few members with after market head units and should along to point you to the exact / known to be good quality ISO connector.

As with most things, please don't sacrifice quality for price as you know how the saying goes, buy cheap buy twice!

Kind regards,

Tom

Back