Votex rear spoiler.

QWert

I must ask.
The rear spoiler does not fit the 1,2/ 1,6, of that i know.
But whats the problem? is the spoiler to thick or is it to deep or what? is it possible to modify the "bigger" one instead of changing the hole thing ?
in maner of aerodynamics i don't think theres a noticeable difference between them.

// J

there *is* a difference in aerodynamics. I could probably dig a thread out, but the height position and length of the spoiler is different. The research is from Cov University and there's another diagram over on teh German forum where it's specc'd just how much difference it makes.

- Bret

Hi QWert,

I bought a rear boot lid from a scrapped 1.6FSI and mounted it on my 1.4TDI. Downforce generated by a bigger rear spoiler from 1.2TDI/1.6FSI is higher compared with a small one from other models.

Now I am facing the same problem as you do because I want the Votex spoiler so bad:) I will do my best to fit it to the 1.6FSl rear spoiler as there is no way back anyway.

I must ask.

The rear spoiler does not fit the 1,2/ 1,6, of that i know.
But whats the problem? is the spoiler to thick or is it to deep or what? is it possible to modify the "bigger" one instead of changing the hole thing ?
in maner of aerodynamics i don't think theres a noticeable difference between them.

// J

Last edited:
Hi QWert,

I bought a rear boot lid from a scrapped 1.6FSI and mounted it on my 1.4TDI. Downforce generated by a bigger rear spoiler from 1.2TDI/1.6FSI is higher compared with a small one from other models.

Now I am facing the same problem as you do because I want the Votex spoiler so bad:) I will do my best to fit it to the 1.6FSl rear spoiler as there is no way back anyway.

The shape of the 2 spoilers is totally different where it fits against the glass as well as being much larger on the outer edges and deeper for more downforce , i do have a complete rear glass with spoiler attached that i swapped because the heated rear screen had failed in multiple places , the spoiler is fine and only held on with a couple bolts and pu sealer and would part with it if you do end up fitting a votex spoiler as be a much easier route just to cut the glass off and swap spoilers

Aaah. Both wider and deeper. :/
So maybe paint the "original" one is a better alternative..
thanks all for great replays

Aaah. Both wider and deeper. :/
So maybe paint the "original" one is a better alternative..
thanks all for great replays

I am not sure that the FSI Spoiler is wider? The non-FSI one comes very close to the edge of the glass anyway. But yes it is deeper front to back and it is very thin material and so perhaps Vadzim (Bala De Plata) will be able to modify the standard FSI spoiler to make it fit, it looks like it is possible

Steve B

ok! is there anyone that have tried to fit the votex to the 1,6 spoiler just to see how much it does not fit. ?
And instead of trimming the original spoiler to fit. is it possible to rebuilt the votex to fit instead. glassfiber :)

ok! is there anyone that have tried to fit the votex to the 1,6 spoiler just to see how much it does not fit. ?
And instead of trimming the original spoiler to fit. is it possible to rebuilt the votex to fit instead. glassfiber :)
The original spoiler on the car is very easy to cut and shape. The new rear spoiler is very thin and moulded to the exact shape of the original 1.4 spoilers and so it has no scope for modification.

So I would suggest that the original spoiler should be modified, but Bala_de_Plata is going to try and make it fit and I have every confidence in him.

Steve B

so i found a 1,4 today on a parkinglot so i parked beside it and tock some photos of the spoilers. :)

1,4.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Back