Newbie a2 tdi owner

Welcome, you're a stone's throw away from me so I'll keep an eye out for a red A2 in the area :)

Yes possibly. When I get time and it's dry I'll give it a good clean and polish . Should come up very nice then. Looks to be a good paint job just some bits of over spray on the rubbers that I need to remove as I'm a bit picky about stuff like that lol

Thanks for the welcome guys . All is good with the a2 at apart from my wipers playing up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What is the problem with the wipers?

Are they scraping the screen or just working intermittently?

Both very common faults and pretty easy to resolve.

Steve B

They stop working for abit then work again

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk

This will almost certainly be just a bad earth to the wiper motor.

If you can attach a new earth lead to the motor that will probably resolve the issue completely.

Steve B

This will almost certainly be just a bad earth to the wiper motor.

If you can attach a new earth lead to the motor that will probably resolve the issue completely.

Steve B
Where do I attach to new earth to the motor and do I need to remove anything to gain access to it

Where do I attach to new earth to the motor and do I need to remove anything to gain access to it

You can see the motor without stripping anything down, but it is tucked up under the screen area and so difficult to access.

I have not physically repaired the earth, I just temporarily touched the wiper motor body against an earth wire and it sprung into life.

I left the new earth to my local mechanic, but Colin might be able to help you with how he fitted it /repaired the existing one.

Steve B

Last edited:
Ran a earth wire from a bolt on wiper motor to a existing bolt on inside of wing.
There is a how to by craigy. b. With a photo.
Any problems I could show you on mine as live not to far from you.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks spike that's what I was looking for.
Perfect fix thanks

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Back