First social of 2017--evening meal in Birmingham

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all its time to start this years socials on the 8th April and due to popular requests we are returning to http://www.duetcuisine.co.uk for its great offering in both Indian and Italian cuisine that even mixes in the fusion section ! We meet up in the secure well lit car park and generally have a good chin wag before moving into the restaurant to be seated by 19.00-this allows a sensible finishing time for those that have a distance to get home.

Fort Dunlop offers a Travelodge --- https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/304/Birmingham-Fort-Dunlop-hotel at the moment a double room is £44 so get in quick. A few of us will be staying so don't think you will be on your own.

If you are reading this as a newbie to the site or a time served owner that has never attended a social with a2oc then please rest assured of a warm welcome as I'm sure some of the newbies that are now regular attendees. The evening meal offers a great chance to put faces to names and have a great night. IMG_1910.JPGIMG_2267.jpg

Can i ask if you are going to attend to please click attending in the calendar link found here--- http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=102&day=2017-4-8&c=1 then post in this thread how many you will be bringing-family and friends are always welcome.

Cheers mike and yvonne

Last edited:
Hi Mike

Really sorry but I can't make the meal, my brother is getting married the next day.

Hope to be at a few socials this year.

Keep up the good work

Hi Mike

Really sorry but I can't make the meal, my brother is getting married the next day.

Hope to be at a few socials this year.

Keep up the good work

Enjoy the wedding. Look forward to seeing you and the family at some of the other socials. Vonnie

How about as an added bonus a visit to the Lamborghini/Bentley dealer which is just up the road from Fort Dunlop. After all they are part of the VAG family.

How about as an added bonus a visit to the Lamborghini/Bentley dealer which is just up the road from Fort Dunlop. After all they are part of the VAG family.
I've been looking at their website and it's not really somewhere that would want even a handful of people who have no intention of purchasing wondering around their very expensive cars either. I'm sure they have the odd person who goes and takes a look around though if you wanted to give it a try.

I've been looking at their website and it's not really somewhere that would want even a handful of people who have no intention of purchasing wondering around their very expensive cars either. I'm sure they have the odd person who goes and takes a look around though if you wanted to give it a try.

You could always ask them, you never know they may be happy for a VAG club A2OC to visit.

I just look through the show room window and drool Vonnie.

I was going to contact the dealer and ask them but the last time i tried to organize something i was told in no uncertain terms that i wasn't welcome and not allowed to do so.

Mike, Vonnie,

Please count me as attending my first social Sat 8 Apr, unfortunately by myself this time round but certainly will be bringing Susan, Leon and Owen to future day time events.

Already looking forward to meeting some Club Members and to put faces to names/user names.

Se you all there.

Kind regards,

Tom

Well with just over a week to go - can I tempt any more to the evening meal social ? I need to finalise numbers over the weekend. Many thanks Mike.

Reactions: AJB
Back