Door alignment?

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
Yesterday, in that frighteningly windy weather, I opened my door and caught a sudden, powerful gust of wind. The door was wrenched from my hand and although it didn't bend the bodywork, it's out of alignment. The gap is uneven and although it did shut, it was very difficult to open because of contact with the wing. Today I loosened the two hinge bolts and tried to reposition it. It proved to be VERY difficult and the only way to easily shut and open the door was with both bolts loose. I'm looking for some help/advice as to how I can get things to work properly? I think that moving the door inwards appears to increase the gap between door and wing? Is that right? It's the opposite of how you would think it would work?.
It's a bit frustrating at the moment .... I don't think that there is any actual damage because the door will close with an even gap if the bolts are loose. Any ideas?

David

place packers between the A post and the hinge, to keep the hinge in the position it is in with the bolts loose

Something must have got bent in wind incident

Cheers,

place packers between the A post and the hinge, to keep the hinge in the position it is in with the bolts loose

Something must have got bent in wind incident

Cheers,

Yes, 2 x pieces of aluminium, 1.5mm thick with a 10mm hole. PERFECT! Thanks for your input.

David

Reactions: chb
Back