Hub removal ?

Tazio

A2OC Donor
Hello there after my impact with the deer and still waiting to get boris back on the road I decided to replace the front discs which have needed doing for sometime ...anyway unfortunately whether it was the impact with the deer or simple that the calaper pins have been over touqued when I eventually got the pins out the thread on the bottom pin is damaged ...so unfortunately I will need to remove the hub and get it helly coiled ! I am fairly handy but have not removed an a2 hub before so any help much appreciated? Also being aluminium what will be the best way of supporting the car while the hub is off and being helly coiled , I have a couple of good trolley jacks ...? many thanks in advance ..

Stripping the caliper pins is not uncommon and possibly due to a slight mis-alignment of the caliper holes. Be aware the thread is an oddball size (7mm I think)

This Skipton guide if for a brake upgrade but it covers hub removal and shows the position of axle stands - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?9368-Big-Brake-Upgrade&p=74119#post74119
Top Tip - It's worth buying a pry socket to open up the split clamp which holds the strut in the hub

Cheers Spike

There M9 X 1.25 and you don't need to remove the hub, just make sure you drill square, helicoil kits are usually available on eBay including the correct drill for under £15. Sam

Thanks but I think I will remove the hub carrier and get it helicoiled professional and refit the correct m7 pins ! Any other advice on this gratefully received !

Back