17" wheels replaced with 16" A1 wheels

leehallum

A2OC Donor
Hi guys,

I replaced my 17" wheels on the weekend for a set of 16" A1 wheels with Dunlop sp sport Maxx 215 45 R16 tyres and I know they are probably not to everyone's taste, and going from 17" to 16" might seem odd styling wise, but I really like the slightly more modern look and the ride quality feels a lot better, it drives much more smoothly than before and gives the car a bit more of a modern look... Well I think so anyway : )

Thanks to everyone for your help in my earlier posts when I was looking to buy and fit these!

lee_a2.jpeg

I really like them as well, was after a set when I stumbled across a set of 17" A1 s-lines at too good a price to miss. Modern wheels make a real difference to the car.

May i ask if anyone has a link or a simple list of what wheels from the VAG stable will/will not fit A2 please? Looking for substitute set for Storm 17" whilst they are refurbished. Ideally steel 16" for winters or an alloy that offers deeper profile tyre and a smoother ride. Thank you

Very nice, I'm looking at those tyres too but keeping my 17s i.e, 205/45 R17. Storms look a bit odd with <17" otherwise I'd be tempted by those.

Back