Service Offered: Colour DIS

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello fellow A2 enthusiasts,

I have for some time been offering a Driver Information System (DIS) upgrade service. Details about DIS and this upgrade can be seen in this thread: https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/service-offered-dis-supply-and-fit.29909/

Taking Things Further

Additionally, I am now able to upgrade DIS instrument clusters by adding the ColorMFA product. ColorMFA replaces the standard monochrome screen with a full colour screen. Whilst still controlled using the standard buttons on the end of the wiper stalk, the colour screen is able to offer many more functions and display a much greater range of information.

Unfortunately, current time limitation means I cannot write as comprehensive an article as I usually like to, but rest assured, it will come! In the meantime, here is a photograph of a converted DIS cluster running on my workbench.

IMG_7868.jpg

As you can see in the close-up photo below, the screen is in full colour and shows many measurements simultaneously, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Using the buttons on the end of the wiper stalk, it's possible to browse through a huge range of information. Real-time information whilst driving is also much more comprehensive. As photographed below, the screen is showing instantaneous fuel consumption as its primary measurement but is also showing exterior temperature, engine temperature, turbo boost pressure and battery voltage.

IMG_7885.jpg

As a nice touch, the screen is also able to display a custom logo when the ignition is first switched on. Below is a photo of the cluster during start-up, displaying the familiar Audi rings!

IMG_7904.jpg

I hope that this post whets the appetite. I promise to expand upon this post in the near future when time permits.

Upgrade Paths

For those who already have DIS fitted in their A2, this product will be available as a straight upgrade.
For those who do not have DIS fitted in their A2 and are therefore running on a basic instrument cluster, this product will be available as a simultaneous DIS retrofit and upgrade rolled into one.

As mentioned, further information on the product, my service and pricing will be available soon. Should you be interested in this upgrade, please feel free to send me a private message.

Many thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Wow, I do like that!

For an already DIS equipped car is it a relatively quick and simple upgrade?

Last edited:
Tom,

When time permits can I please have a PM with a quote to upgrade to this for my 1.4 with factory DIS.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello DIS lovers!

Many, many thanks for the hugely positive feedback you've all provided about this. It's clear that this upgrade is something the members of this club would very much like to have.

As you can see from the photos above, the converted cluster is running on my workbench rather than in an A2. As such, there is still a lot of development and testing to be done before it'll be available. It seems I've now put myself under pressure to get the work complete!

Just to be clear, this is not an Audi product but has instead been developed by a third party. As such, there are still questions that need to be answered.

Many thanks for your patience. To all those who have sent me a PM, rest assured I will reply to you personally.
I'll let you all know how things go. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Many thanks for your patience. To all those who have sent me a PM, rest assured I will reply to you personally.
I'll let you all know how things go. :)

Cheers,

Tom

O.K., sent a P.M. yesterday, 1/03/17. I hope that I might be 1st in the queue! LOL!

David

Heyup Tom.

Add me to the queue for this modification please sir. My car already has DIS so a straight swappage please guv. :)
Cheers,

K.

Hi

To add to the list, can you let us know the price for a car with DIS already and when you plan to start fitting?

thanks
Allan

Back