I bit the bullet and bought this lil girl today.

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
After having my blue A2 written off two weeks ago and a lot of searching I finally spotted this.

Needs a little bit of work on the wheels , but other than that............... MINT...........CAM BELT AND WATER PUMP DONE SIX MOTHS AGO AND FULL SERVICE LAST WEEK AND 12 MOT
media (1).jpgmedia (2).jpgmedia (3).jpgmedia (4).jpgmedia (5).jpgmedia (6).jpgmedia (7).jpgmedia (8).jpg

Now lets hope some bint does not run a red light and take this one out.

Yes, not many late models in pine green. My favourite colour combo, pine cream with twist interior. Lovely find.

Thanks lads.....only one problem though.........................how the hell do I keep the inside clean..........................lol.....................................................................

There is just peculiar thing happens though, the car came with half a tank but the low fuel icon appears and the buzzer sounds...........might just post this in another thread.

Oh and one other thing......................the buttons are well worn not only on the + and - but also the driverside window winder buttons.....much worse than the ones on the silver 05 plate and much worse than on the written off blue one with 107,000 miles on it............Im pretty sure its a ladies long finger nails problem......the wife hates her finger nails long so and this car has been owned and driven by three women only during its life...............................im amazed there are no dings and scratches any where on it................................sorry ladies.......;)

Last edited:
Johnny,
What a stunning looking A2 and I agree with A2steve one of the nicest colour combos, however I do agree that it will be job and half to keep it looking the way it is now.

Regarding the worn buttons, moisturiser / hand cream is the biggest culprit for the soft touch coming off, couple this with fingernails which nick the coating and you have the failure mode. Three lady owners accounts for the worn buttons.

I recently quite by accident found that the matt black spray paint sold in Lidl is a near perfect match for the soft touch, only time will tell if it is any more durable (it can't be any less durable)

I have repainted some buttons and the window switch panels as mine were grey and I have changed the door cards and centre console for soul black, I had to remove all traces of the soft touch first, scotchbrite and hot soapy water worked a treat

Are you buying back the written of A2 ?

They are pants. You'd be better off buying a climate unit from an A4 b5 and swapping the buttons over. They are hard-touch so won't wear.

That's good to know, a friend of mine found them. Just pleased I don't need them.

As A2Steve has said, they look fine in the advert but there are a couple of problems. Firstly they are a very different colour to the soft touch buttons and secondly for the symbols to illuminate you would need to rub off all of the soft touch coating in that area because the symbols can't be lined up.

I have paid around £25 for an A4 climate in the past and a few minutes work (most of it in your armchair at home), and they are not only then fixed, but since they are hard touch they stay that way.

There is a "How to" in the Index section on how to swap the buttons without dismantling your dash in any way.

Steve B

Plus one on that - hard touch buttons from an A4 are the way forward but I would recommend investing in genuine Audi stereo release tools to make the job that bit easier still. In my experience the cheap release keys from eBay are shocking quality.

Plus one on that - hard touch buttons from an A4 are the way forward but I would recommend investing in genuine Audi stereo release tools to make the job that bit easier still. In my experience the cheap release keys from eBay are shocking quality.

You can replace the buttons without removing any part of the dash, I covered this in the following link
repacing the worn Air con buttons without dismantling the dash

It is always worth reading through the tips on the "How to" index page
here
A list of some of the "How To's" and useful threads

But I agree that the cheaper stereo release keys can sometimes be not much use.

Steve B

That's a stunning find you have there, well done, all it needs now is the Bose kit from A2 Steve with cream grilles if it's still available, also I have somewhere a spare hard touch double din climate panel but with heated seat controls too, I just picked it up as a spare some time ago, just in case, you could have dummy heated seats or go the whole hog later as I did, I may be tempted to part with it for what the right price, as far as I remember it in great condition, pm me if you're interested and I'll dig it out and take some pics, apologies for the hijacked post, just like to help other members as I've been helped in the past,
Pic of mine for reference.
Cheers Jeff

Just a little update....................................IT HAS CRUISE CONTROL..................Oh, the place I bought it from phoned me about 20 mins ago................They have spoken to the last lady owner asking for the garage and number of the garage that did the CAM belt change..............she couldn't provide one and admited that it was not this one that had been done, it was her previous A2..................so it is now booked into Euro Diesel, Chorley on Thursday Morning for the belt and water pump to be replaced................£260 and they are paying ..................The fuel warning setting has always been there she said when asked, so when it beeps on half tank, there is half a tank in it. Could do with getting altered though.........oh and it beeps when you have been driving for two hours but not bothered about that...

And ive never seen one of these before either...............No PSI marking on it though.

DSC_0056 (1).jpg

Back