SKF or FAG wheel bearing ?

A2!

Stupidly I pressed on "Order" the other day on two wheel bearings that I had saved in my Amazon basket. I thought I must have saved a front and a rear, but it seems they were two rears. So I just wanted to ask if you were only keeping one and sending other back, which brand would you put on the car? I was thinking about keeping the FAG one but I'm guessing they are much of a muchness between the two.

I just don't want to have to do it again as I read buying the cheap ebay ones can quickly fail.

Euan

Last edited:
OK seems SKF wins it was a little more in cost (but only like £5). I think I'll go with that unless someone thinks other wise.

Euan

Mobile post via AdminVB_Elite

I would also go with the SKF bearing, but I don't think the INA bearing will be bad either.
Neither are the Chinese crap that is all over ebay these days, to be fair some of these Chinese bearings are very good quality, but others are made from margarine which thinks is high grade steel, the biggest problem is know which Chinese bears are god and which are crap, hence simple answer is avoid them all

Reactions: A2!
FAG is also a quality, German based, bearing manufacturer so I think there would be nothing to choose between them and SKF

Cheers Spike

Just purchased SKF rear bearings, (car now approaching 248k miles, so original bearings entitled to be a little bit grumbly). Made in Korea
Its a small world now.

Cheers
Jonathan

Back