Webasto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeholsa

Hi!

Has anyone installed Webasto or Eberspächer in Audi A2 (1.2 TDI) ? Does it fit there somewhere, other experiences?

With best regards,
Jones

Hi,
there is already a heating unit in the 1.2 installed. It starts below 5deg to heat up the water. Make sure to keep ECO mode on AC of.
Contact Webasto or Eberspaecher direct and ask for an upgrade (Just a control unit).

Regards,
John Dusdale

Hello,

I got a new Webasto installed in my 1.2TDI this Friday. It works fine and I'm waiting for a colder weather. Just really hope that there aren't two webastos under hood now! Well, Audi-service told that my 1.2TDI has an electric heater, I couldn't find it anywhere and it wasn't keeping 'webasto-sound'.

With best regards,
Jones (A2 1.2TDI, no aircon)

I think the electric heater is only there to warm up the water and the engine when the engine is running, whereas a "real" webasto can preheat the whole car even if the engine is off....

At least that´s my understanding...

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

frido, there are different types of Webasto heaters.. the one we have is not a pre-heater, but can be converted into one.

Werner Huysegoms

The electrical heater is built into the aircon and only heats the air.

The fuel powered heater is heating the engine coolant water which in turns heats the interior.

Martin

quote:Originally posted by Martin Bickel

The electrical heater is built into the aircon and only heats the air.

The fuel powered heater is heating the engine coolant water which in turns heats the interior.

Martin

Exactly, and the fuel powered one (aka the Webasto Thermotop Z) can be equipped with:

A fuel pump
A water pump
Some electronics (which require the cc section of the dash to be removed)
Maybe an antenna behind the front window

And, voila, we have a remotely operated fuel powered stationary heater.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I seem to remember that one of our Norwegian brothers has done this.
Frank?
It all sounded great to me. Timers and a warm motor to go to work.
Cracking.............grommit.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Maersk !

That would be me then :)
I have installed the Webasto Thermo Top E with remote control T80 :D
This is probably by far the best investment i have done so far on my A2 !
This means that I can sit at my office or breakfast table and remotely start the heater (within app. 700 metres)

We have temperatures between -10 and -20 degrees here in Norway at the moment and with the Webasto on for 30-40 minutes I can get into my A2 which then holds between +20-22 degrees inside :D
And at the same time all snow and ice on windows etc have melted !

BK

2003 Silver 1.4 TDI 100 hp / 245 Nm S-Line (Sport) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor, 17inch winter wheels, B&B Chip, K&N High-Flow filter, Webasto stationary heater +++++++ (KW adjustable suspension, Audi Styling kit etc to come)

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that the additional heater keeps running the whole time ?? Normally I would expect it to shut off when the cool fluid is at operating temperature...

This day the outside temperature is a comfy -11 and I had to drive to Apeldoorn from Rotterdam where I live, a 120 km trip. The heater started automagically when the car started and the interior was warm in mere minutes. Within 10 minutes the eninge was at operating temperature. Hoewever when I stopped the car one and a half hour later I still heard noises from under the bonnet.
I checked the heater exhaust and it wasn't blowing hot air (seems that Audi leaves this to the dealers) but was blowing gently nevertheless. When I stopped the engine the heater went into it's cleaning cycle, blowing cold air until the heater was clean and then it stopped.
Seems to me that the heater starts, heats and then keeps running as a backup heating source while from an economic perspective one would assume it to stop.

Can anyone explain why it would do this ???

Thanks !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

The constant running of the additional heater also effects the mileage the car gets.
When the CC is on auto and the heater is running the whole time, my milage is 5.8 L/100km. That is not so good.
Hoewever today I've switched to econ mode when te engine was hot and cleared the milage. And voila, it's now 5.1 l/100km. That's a lot better.

An explanation for this is that the heater consumes only 1 liter fuel per hour. With an average speed of 100 km per hour this really hits on the milage.

I've discovered no disadvantges, the car didn't get cold but I was driving at a fairly fast pace. I think when you get into a traffic jam and drive slowly for some time you will definetly see the engine getting colder.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back