replacing number plate light

adrian

Past Member
Thanks to CreweAudi I now have the replacement lights, the only problem is how is this carried out, does the tail gate inner liner have to be removed, if so how is this done I have spent all afternoon trying to remove the lights to no avail, any recommendation would be much appreciated.

The plastic bootlid panel on the outside of the bootlid needs to be removed. If you pull off the interior boot panel and look up inside the bootlid towards where the numberplate lights are you will see two torx head screws. You will need to undo these and then the exterior boot panel can be removed by sliding/pulling it downwards.

Thanks Steve, but there is the problem of removing the boot inner panel, does it just prise off, it seems very tight and I don't want to damage anything by brute force. Regards, Adrian.

Thanks Steve, but there is the problem of removing the boot inner panel, does it just prise off, it seems very tight and I don't want to damage anything by brute force. Regards, Adrian.
Just give it a hard tug and it will come off.

When you put it bsck on, make sure it is lined up with the holes and give it a hard thump with your clenched fist

scary but that is how to do it.

Steve B

Reactions: A2!
Doesn't the inner panel have a couple of fairly well hidden screws along the top edge? I'm sure mine did.

and those clips were designed to pull cars not just hold on a trim panel :)
I put a little grease on mine when refitting, made removal much easier next time around

Back