Updated symphony unit

leehallum

A2OC Donor
Hi guys has anyone here fitted a newer style symphony unit like the one in the photo here?
IMG_3288.PNG

Its from a 2005/6 A4 I think

I have the older style one with the tape cassette below the LCD display and just wondered if this might fit as a replacement

Thanks

Lee

Yes, it will work, you can buy an adaptor set to convert the Symphony II wiring to Symphony III, it will only work if you have a 6 CD symphony II already as it needs canbus.

The main antenna has to be split into two connections and fed into each antenna socket on the new radio, again this can be done with a set of adaptors.

Thank you, would it be an RCA to ISO adaptor/ harness that I would need to look for?

Thanks

Lee

Hi guys I have gone ahead and bought a symphony 2+/3 unit with the relevent cables to connect it. I need to modify the fascia a little to get it to fit properly, and will try and do this next weekend. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if I will need to use vag com to get it to work once I have it all connected or should it just plug in and work straight away?

Thanks

Lee

As far as I could tell from looking at these the concert and symphony units look identical... so not sure what the technical difference is between the two. The one I have bought is a symphony one

Just be aware that you will have to change the facia. The facia on your symphony is too big for an A2. You can either swap it for an A2 or use a Dremmel to cut it to size.

Hi guys

Following in trepek's footsteps and with his help and the help of other members here I have managed to get my symphony 2+ unit to fit and work

Here is a pic I took of it in situ. I think I will take it out again and do a final tidy up of the edges that I trimmed, but overall I am pleased with it

symphony2plus.jpeg

Thanks again for everyone's help with this and to trepek for his advice on the fitting

Back