New A2 lover

titofalcon

Hello everyone! I bought a 2001 petrol A2 (1.4 Style) just a couple of weeks ago so I'm joining the group in order to learn as much as possible about the car and the improvements that can be made. I know remapping might not be an option for a petrol A2 so I am open to suggestions...
See you around!

Hi m and welcome to the club . Had my first a2 1.4 tdi a few weeks ago . Greats little cars. Tuning wise tbh I wouldn't bother with a 1.4 petrol it'll cost big money to get a small increase on a small petrol n/a tbh . Hence why I like turbo diesel,s big gain off just a remap

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi - little tuning mods available for 1.4 petrol models without spending big money on engine change. Mods to suspension and cosmetics will transform car and you can make massive changes to interior due to such high spec cars being available when new. Generally ultra reliable with a few common faults just rev that twin cam out and enjoy.

Ignore the advice about diesels are brilliant and petrols are rubbish as not everyone likes diesel motors (noisy rattly old things not like our refined light easy to work on jewels) and performance according to audi is identical in standard form so you won't see a massive difference as people will try to tell you without chip tuning the oil burner (diesel)

So don,t be put off by the tight wads with diesels and enjoy (ha ha)

Dave

Thanks for your answers! I am very happy with my petrol A2. It's just that sometimes I'd like a little bit of an extra push... On the other hand, soon, even before 2025, Spain will start making things difficult for diesel engines, specially around Madrid and Barcelona (where I'm from).

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

Reactions: AJB
Hello everyone! I bought a 2001 petrol A2 (1.4 Style) just a couple of weeks ago so I'm joining the group in order to learn as much as possible about the car and the improvements that can be made. I know remapping might not be an option for a petrol A2 so I am open to suggestions...
See you around!
Congratulatons on your choice of car. To give it a little more oomph you could invest in a K&N air filter, give her a real good major service and only use 98 RON unleaded. Those should help to quicken her up a bit.
Regards,
Drew.

Congratulatons on your choice of car. To give it a little more oomph you could invest in a K&N air filter, give her a real good major service and only use 98 RON unleaded. Those should help to quicken her up a bit.
Regards,
Drew.

Hi Drew, any idea what kind of benefit a K&N filter would give over a new standard one in turns of speed and economy? Good to see another A2 Roberts in Essex!

Paul Andrew Roberts (work in Chelmsford)

A K&N air filter should help the engine breathe much better. A gain of anything between 8-12 horse power should be expected. If the engine is in overall good condition. As for fuel economy this would depend entirely on how it is driven.
I had an AudI 80 2.6 V6 (150 bhp standard) before i bought my A2 which had a decat and a pipercross air filter and loved to run on 98 RON it produced 170 bhp. But only managed 320 miles from a 65 litre tank. I did use the extra performance because I'm that type of driver. ☺

Taken from the K&N website.

Replacement Air Filter E-2658

Designed to boost horsepower and rate of acceleration
Can be cleaned and used again
High air flow with exceptional filtration
Lasts up to 50,000 miles before cleaning is required depending on driving conditions
Works with original equipment manufacturer vehicle electronics
Emissions legal in all 50 US states
Will NOT void vehicle warranty
Million Mile Limited Warranty®

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Drew

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get much of a power increase from a K&N air filter on a 1.4 petrol if anything at all simply due to it being such a small capacity engine and naturally aspirated. I think the standard air filter has been proven to be sufficient to 140bhp without causing restriction. A clean air filter on a tdi makes a massive difference but again that being a clean filter rather than a performance one.

Reactions: sco
I don't think you'll get much of a power increase from a K&N air filter on a 1.4 petrol if anything at all simply due to it being such a small capacity engine and naturally aspirated. I think the standard air filter has been proven to be sufficient to 140bhp without causing restriction. A clean air filter on a tdi makes a massive difference but again that being a clean filter rather than a performance one.

Thanks Steve, thanks Drew

Back