Pepper pots are on!

DarkHorse

A2OC Donor
So glad to have finally got the wheels on, with the correct tyre size this time!

Running 195/50R15 Dunlop SP BluResponse tyres. They offer way more protection than the standard 185/50R16 setup. I wonder if this is also to do with the SE alloys projecting more. With the new tyres there's definitely a lot more rubber under the alloys, the SE alloys always felt to me like they were going to burst the tyre at any moment.

On the plus side, I am also now able to compare the two setups without power steering. Of course it is still heavy steering, but there does feel less resistance when going for full lock, especially when parking.

Very happy with the purchase, and with National Tyres who came out and fitted at my place of work for no extra cost and did all four corners for £185.

Apologies for the filthy car. The clean alloys just make matters worse!

pepper_pots_02.jpg

pepper_pots_01.jpg

I am a big pepperpot fan and they do look good.... a comfier ride with ever so slightly better fuel consumption due them being lightweight. :)

Looking good there wearing her new wheels, My personal favorite and the added bonus of more MPG , just watch your right foot as there so light its easy to spin the front wheels if you plant your foot to the floor in first ;)

Looking good there wearing her new wheels, My personal favorite and the added bonus of more MPG , just watch your right foot as there so light its easy to spin the front wheels if you plant your foot to the floor in first ;)

Duly noted!

I love the setup and the ride feels better, especially over some potholes that have shaken me in my seat usually.

Looking lovey,
I also picked up some pepper pots on Friday
Undecided on the tires to go for
Eather 185/45 or 175/50 is on the short list

Looking lovey,
I also picked up some pepper pots on Friday
Undecided on the tires to go for
Eather 185/45 or 175/50 is on the short list

I'm really happy with the 195/50R15 Dunlop tyres. There's loads more protection for the rims. Definitely more comfort than the 185/50R16 previously on the car.

They're fantastic aren't they! I must have covered close to 2k miles on mine now and the difference from the 16"SEs is night and day. The car is so much more comfortable and I'm noticing the slightest mpg increase. Ive got 175/65s and the larger sidewall is definitely an issue for handling and I've had a few wobbles where it feels like the sidewall has collapsed under cornering load. But saying that, they are worth it!

Handling for me has been spot on. Well, I'm without power steering at the moment, but it sticks to the road like glue. The Dunlops have been great so far in the wet.

They're fantastic aren't they! I must have covered close to 2k miles on mine now and the difference from the 16"SEs is night and day. The car is so much more comfortable and I'm noticing the slightest mpg increase. Ive got 175/65s and the larger sidewall is definitely an issue for handling and I've had a few wobbles where it feels like the sidewall has collapsed under cornering load. But saying that, they are worth it!

Do you get any rubbing with the 175/65's?

Last edited:
Do you get any rubbing with the 175/65's? I've always run 195/60's on my current 15's (no issues at all + loads of comfort) and plan to use this size on my new Pots. I tried 195/65 (original A3 tyre) and it rubbed under load/full lock.

No rubbing. 175/65 are only slightly smaller than the 196/60s. So you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back