speakers

If you're running a standard audio system it really is worth thinking about having a full Bose system fitted. I have only recently had Bose fitted myself and it really is a satisfying difference in sound quality at any volume.

If you already have Bose fitted you must ensure the speakers you fit are the correct impedance (2 ohm), running 4 ohm speakers with the Bose amp will make it run at a higher output voltage and no doubt shorten the life of both the speakers and the amp.

There are a few threads on the Forum regarding aftermarket speakers and the adapters which I believe you will need to fit non OEM speakers.

Some purists will suggest that going non OEM isn't the way to go any others will inform you of the results they have had with aftermarket setups but music is a personal thing and its up to you.

I commute 122 miles/2.5-3 hours a day (Monday-Friday) with a Bose retrofit and I personnaly wouldn't change a thing.

If you'd like to keep things OEM look out for a Bose setup.

Kind regards,

Tom

how much did it cost to have the full bose system fitted

That depends on the price of the kit of parts you need.

I have seen both extremes, £1,000 on eBay just for the main components alone, down to A2Steve's kit for a quarter of that price and so GREAT value.

Fitting costs depend on you finding someone who knows how to build the looms etc.

Tom (Timmus) supplied and fitted mine.

If you speak to these two members you should get a good guide on cost.

Steve B

Hi,

I was in the very fortunate position of having a full Bose system already in my possession and only had to pay for the fitting, all of which was completed at the expert hands of Tom (Timmus). He is an absolute master at working his magic on A2s. I highly recommend sending him a PM as he can quote you for a complete install (on your driveway) which will include absolutely everything (opposed to some of the 'full' kits found on auction sites which don't come with the Bose speaker gills, amplifier bracket and drivers footwell tool storage insert) needed for the OEM feel.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back