How fast is a 120-130bhp (200lbft) diesel A2 (ATL)???

enzo

Ok I know this might be a childish question but I'm curious to know

How fast in real world terms is a mapped ATL? Who have you raced ? Pulled on?

Iv got a standard ATL with a lot of weight stripped out of it and it's pretty much the same as your average 2.0tdi 170bhp rep mobile at the moment and relishing the thought of a map!

So what's a mapped one like?? What can you keep up with?? Any stories ?
Please share you experiences ?:)

for top speed, the 1.2 has it licked. Better aero and longer gearing give it a serious edge above 120mph. IIRC, someone measured a 1.2 the right side of 220km/h. Robin and the guys down at Stealth may be able to answer your question.

- Bret

That's mad for a 1.2tdi.

I'm wandering what a mapped ATL would top out at with an myp gearbox.

Is it too ludicrous to think a mapped ATL would have a similar turn of speed as a golf gti tsi?

Or not? What would it be on par with?

I have a mapped 90 with 119bhp and if I remember correctly 230 ish lb of torque. It's a lot of fun going through the gears. Lots of smiles.

I can't help you with comparisons for racing or keeping up . I'm not that kind of driver and as a member of the emergency services I'd very much advocate against such shenanigans. :p

That said - if you're ever through the west coast your welcome to try out our car sometime providing you've got adequate insurance and you promise not to take on any M3's on the bypass. (We'd lose );)

Is that possible? That would imply 5240 rpm at 220 for the 1.2. Poor engine :)

1.2: Max rev 4000 rpm, max speed 168 km/h (104.4 mph)
1,4 ATL: Max rev 4000 rpm, max speed 188 km/h (116.8 mph)

I have also 120hp in my ATL and it is fun at Murdo pointed out, but it's not a GTI-killer.

Reactions: fbi
Is that possible? That would imply 5240 rpm at 220 for the 1.2. Poor engine :)

I have also 120hp in my ATL and it is fun at Murdo pointed out, but it's not a GTI-killer.

All I know is that a 1.2 absolutely stonked past me on the Autobahn last summer. Must have been going over 100mph on a turn. The car was leaning but looked solid. Put me to shame pootling along with my roof box!

Cruising at tacho 180 is very possible. 160 is solid. 195 GPS has been seen multiple times with 1.4s, can't currently find the thread with the 1.2 speeds.

- Bret

Real maths here: a2-freun.de/forum/forums/topic/561-12-tdi-höchstgeschwindigkeit/
That 168 is.... conservative. Add in some power understatement and I can see where 200 comes from.

- Brrt

Don't know where you got your info from, but at 60mph in 5th, my 1.2Tdi is doing slightly less than 2000rpm.

RAB

180 should be eminently doable:
Audi.jpg.43e3750f6c93e35f08ef74a79a68881b.jpg

- Bret

The table specify the final drive ratio to 3,39 which is the ratio for the Tdi90, not the 1,2 Tdi. Final drive ratio for the 1,2 tdi is 3,33

Reactions: fbi
What I'm impressed with is the 60-80 in top gear for overtaking
It pics up really nice, looking forward to turning up the boost

I fully agree, my Tdi deliver, according to VCDS, 300 Nm (221 ft lb) of torque between 2000 and 3000 rpm. Nice in such a small and light car.

I did not calcuate, I assumed that the max 4000 rpm was equal the top speed.
According to you it seems to be only 3241 rpm at top speed. The engine top rev will not be the limiting factor in this exercise, it will be limited by the engine power and/or the aerodynamic drag.

My A2 is the quickest car I come across on my trips home from work. I even "bother" RS6's :)

ps. If you were in the "other" Akoya Silver A2 (1.4 petrol) overtaking the Range Rover on the A46 the other night - I was tired and about to turn off. It made me smile that I handed "the pressure" over to another A2 - keep up the good work :)

I fully agree, my Tdi deliver, according to VCDS, 300 Nm (221 ft lb) of torque between 2000 and 3000 rpm. Nice in such a small and light car.

221 lbs ft sounds amazing,

How much boost are you running??

Performance wise what could you compare your atl too?

Yup so the extra grunt is certainly very welcome but no way is it a GTi killer. Mid range performance pretty reasonable and all with decent mpg.

I didn't map for performance car and didn't expect it just makes the car much more driveable. I'm guessing a 6 speed retrofit would really benefit from the extra power.

Back