Help - Please Re Sport seat base bolsters

985J

I went through threads about replacing my worn bolsters on both seats of my Audi A2 1.4tdi Sport 2002, and looked at DIY. I found two bases on an auction site that I could remove the bolsters from and put into my sports seats, however they have arrived and don't look the same. Do I answer my own question, are the bolsters in a sport different to a standard A2?. If so I will need to keep looking and sell my two bases.

J

Yes the bolsters in the sport are much larger than the standard seats. You can still buy new bolsters from Audi but they aren't cheap. I think they were quoted around the 90 pound region when this discussion came up in the past.

Member birchall recently had a set of sport seats with worn driver bolster refurbished by a trimmer. Maybe worth a chat with him to find out if there is an alternative to replacing the bolster. I'd suggest that any used bolster for sports seats thst you buy will be fairly worn after 11 + years regardless of mileage on the car.

It might be worth dropping Crew Audi a post on this thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?31825-Hi-from-Crewe-Audi!!

They might even be able to offer a group buy on the items should enough people be interested.

The part numbers you require are:

8Z0 881 361 E - left seat
8Z0 881 362 E - Right seat

As Murdo has said, replacing your worn bolsters with second hand items is likely to give you the same issue.

Cheers
Jeff

If so I will need to keep looking and sell my two bases.

Are you looking to replace the just seat base foam or do you need the cover as well.
I've got a low mileage Sport passenger seat base in light grey jacquard cloth. I'll dig it out and check the condition of the foam and fabric if it's of interest.

Cheers Spike

Hi 985J, if you want to repair the bolster, I am doing mine at the moment and can show you what I have done. I did the side bolster for the drivers seat over the weekend and it came out fine. I am doing the seat base this week.

Hi J

I've sent you a PM regarding the seat base but think I can only attach the pics on a forum post -

Cheers Spike

Attachments

• DSCF0877.JPG
    DSCF0877.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF0878.JPG
    DSCF0878.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF0880.JPG
    DSCF0880.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Jeff,

If you put the PR codes (N0G, N1D etc) into this site you should be able to identify the Sport option and select the right backrest.

Steve
Thanks Steve, there's a slight problem though. My car is an SE model (I'm upgrading to a sports interior) so I don't have the relevant codes to put into that site you kindly provided a link to. Perhaps somebody can help me with a sport model code to input?

Jeff :)

If you use the PR codes listed on the parts diagram, The decoder shows Option Q1D is for Sports Seats and Q1A for standard
Catnip's decoder works fine but I always use this one - http://vag-codes.info/#option-decoder

There is only one backrest foam which matches and it's suitable for both L and R seats

Cheers Spike

Thanks Steve, there's a slight problem though. My car is an SE model (I'm upgrading to a sports interior) so I don't have the relevant codes to put into that site you kindly provided a link to. Perhaps somebody can help me with a sport model code to input?

Jeff,

The codes are shown against each of the part numbers in the table you linked, so you should be able to determine which item relates to a Sport:)

Steve

Last edited:
Sorry for being an absolute pain (and for wanting to be spoon fed) but could somebody post what they believe to be the actual part numbers of the sports seat back rest foams. Ordering them from my local dealer is risky as I would be supplying the part numbers to them so if I supply the incorrect numbers I won't be able to return or reject the parts.

I can usually suss part numbers easily but these foams are causing me some headaches!

ITEM 32 8Z0881775B The only part with option code Q1D and 3 horizontal seams (both of which define sports seats)

Before ordering please ask for my 135 page PDF 'DISCLAIMER' document and return a signed and witnessed copy by registered mail

Seriously though, it may be worth getting the VIN or Reg from an owner with a Sport model and double checking the part number with Audi to be 110% sure.

Cheers Spike

ITEM 32 8Z0881775B The only part with option code Q1D and 3 horizontal seams (both of which define sports seats)

Before ordering please ask for my 135 page PDF 'DISCLAIMER' document and return a signed and witnessed copy by registered mail

Seriously though, it may be worth getting the VIN or Reg from an owner with a Sport model and double checking the part number with Audi to be 110% sure.

Cheers Spike
Thanks Spike

A member kindly gave me his (factory sports interior equipped A2) registration number a few months ago but even armed with that the lad in the parts department at my local dealer wasn't confident that he could supply the correct part. He did make me know that if it went pear shaped it was on me though!

This is a tricky one!

Last edited:
More evidence - Found this table which links the part number to sport seats.

I'm surprised the 'sport' reg number did not confirm the backrest padding part number. Only way this goes wrong is if the car has been re-registered with a private plate and Audi have not been notified.
You could try using the VIN and ask Crewe Audi if the number we found corresponds to the original build document (taking into account any superseded p/n's

Cheers Spike

Attachments

• A2seats.JPG
    A2seats.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 223
Back