Leather restoration

putyourmittenson

So the seats that I picked up from AJsellors are going to undergo a bit of a restoration as they have been dyed to make them a darker colour and it's not looking to good in my car. Does anybody have any tips as to how to remove this dye. It comes off with a bit of elbow grease and time but if there is an easier way I'm all ears. Cheers.

62fd2c0762c7a60cf8f83d26338f93e6.jpg
8bfc830456187eeed514b3b6ef5d270c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The autoglym stuff in the photo doesn't remove it. To get this far I've used warm water with the tiniest bit of white spirit (about 1/500 mix)

I feed mine with angel wax hide rate restore , looks like water but works a treat , some times use auto Grimm cream or the glint one one , think yours will need after being scrubbed well

Last edited:
All seats have now been cleared of the dye. Fortunately it was just applied on top of the seats and they weren't prepped to absorb the dye so it peeled off almost like plasti dip. Pictures to follow soon.

I will have to get the drivers side bolster repaired at some point in the near future, aswell as getting a clear top coat reapplied as it is a little worn. Does anybody have any experience in how much that might cost?

Back