G30 antifreeze!

Tazio

A2OC Donor
Going to drain and replace the antifreeze soon g12 is no longer available so thinking of comma g30 which I believe is the same as g12+ and which I topped up with after changing the thermostat recently ...any thoughts ? Also what is the best way to drain the system ?

Hi Tazio,

Very interested in the verdict on this as Ive recently purchased 5 litres of Comma G30 as the Halfords touch screen parts selector recommended it. I only realised I should be using G12 when I read it (after said purchase) on the expansion tank. A few google searches suggested it is the same. I've not actually used it yet as was going to wait until I asked the same question in a week or 2.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tazio,

Very interested in the verdict on this as Ive recently purchased 5 litres of Comma G30 as the Halfords touch screen parts selector recommended it. I only realised I should be using G12 when I read it (after said purchase) on the expansion tank. A few google searches suggested it is the same. I've not actually used it yet as was going to wait until I asked the same question in a week or 2.

Kind regards,

Tom

G13 is suitable if you can't get G12.

This article indicates that non-audi recommended antifreeze can cause problems and I don't think it is just a marketing ploy.

http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_fluid/audi_antifreeze_anti_freeze_fluid.shtml

Steve B

Thanks I read the link with interest ...the drainage method requires a lot of pipe removel I tend to think that it is a good idea if possible to limit the amount of times things like hoses need to be removed bearing in mind a lot of these parts are 15 years old so I think I may use the drain plug then refill with water warm the car up and re drain doing this until the water runs clear and the refill with 50/50 mix ....I believe the comma g30 is a basf base product the same spec as g12+ and some people think actually made in the same factory ! anyway it appears to be a recommended VAG product .

Back