Front wing replacement after bang today?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Hi,

Had a big BMW decide to turn left at a roundabout this afternoon. Trouble was he was in the right hand lane and I was in the left hand lane. I was planning on going straight ahead on the roundabout and I assumed he was too or at the very least turning right? No, as we pulled away he then chose to turn left..... into me. Anyway I got off light despite the thump and shove with some scrapes on my wing arch and a broken headlamp fixing. I can either glue the broken fixing or use the repair kit Audi do but it's the wing. My question being is it easier to replace the wing assuming I can get a Akoya colour wing somewhere or get mine re-sprayed in situ? Is the wing easy to remove? The only reason for this route is I don't think going through and losing my no claims is worth this small repair? He has contacted me too asking for costs so insurance can be avoided for the same reason.

Thanks

Nigel

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Nigel, personally I'd be happier to try and get a new used wing, never liked filler, never had a wing off so can't comment there, let everyone know your colour/paint code and someone on here may have one the same colour, and if in good nick won't need painting either, best of luck, btw if you do get one just make sure all the fixing lugs are intact being plastic.
Cheers jeff

I was looking into replacing the front wings on my current project because of slight paint damage on the originals, I thought at the time that I could get hold of two wings in perfect condition including the paint (turns out the paint was less than perfect so I didn't both in the end), but looking at the wing replacement with the front bumper off and the inner wheel arch liner removed it looked to be a simple removal of a number of spiar screws (large self tappers). However there appears to a couple of these screws which are on the bottom of the wing near to the sill, to gain access to these screws you have to remove the plastic sill covers and I understand that to do this you have to remove a plastic cover strip and the lugs nearly always break off, meaning a new cover strip is required.

As I have already said the above is from research rather than first hand experience, so may not be 100% correct
hope it help inform you and the job in hand and best of luck
Cheers,

Sorry to hear about the prang. I too would go for a replacement even it it needed a respray, which is much easier done off the car.

Posted a day or so ago was this link to A2 body exploded diagram: http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../821/subcategory/821010/part_id/257066/lang/e

Looks like lots of screws: no. 9, 11, 12, 13, 15 (I counted 10) plus a few brackets. I recall there is a fixing kit for the headlight bracket but I glued mine with epoxy many years ago and it's been fine since.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Back