HOW DO I... Fit bluetooth to a Symphony stereo

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
Just wondering if the above is possible? I'm keen to get my wife's A2 up to speed with bluetooth, but keen on keeping the OEM look. Is there a cheap way to add bluetooth/USB... Could it be done with an RNS-E navi unit with a couple of add-on units?

Take a look at xcarlink. I had this in my fsi and worked perfectly for telephone calls and Bluetooth streaming

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Take a look at xcarlink. I had this in my fsi and worked perfectly for telephone calls and Bluetooth streaming

Completely agree. XCarLink fitted 18 months ago never looked back. It works a treat!

Kind regards,

Tom

Just out of interest, is the Bluetooth useful?

Only asking because I picked up the Xcarlink cheap off ebay for £10, and now thinking if the bluetooth add-on is only £40 and it means I can stream music over Bluetooth and take calls hands free, then maybe it's worth grabbing that add-on too before it's fitted.

Definitely get the add on. Streaming via Bluetooth and especially with a Bose sound system was amazing

Hi,

I have installed a couple of bluetooth car kits in my different cars in the past and it is quite an easy task if you get the right components. You will need a SOT cable to connect kit between the Audi loom the radio and these are readily available on ebay. For the Audi A2 you will also need to create a ignition fed live so that it turns off with the keys and the easiest thing for this is to buy a piggyback fuse connector and run this straight out of your fuse box and connect it with the red lead on the SOT cable.

I have installed Nokia and IO Talk kits and they can both be added to an OEM setup without leaving any trace. I currently have an IO Talk kit fitted to my Touran which only cost £18 off ebay and works beautifully as a car kit and to stream audio over Bluetooth. The IO talk only links to your front speakers but as I have a poverty stereo setup in the Touran it doesn't matter. I think A2 owners will need the IO Play which links to the whole system.

I also had a Nokia CK100 which is also a great kit and works with all phones ( tested loads ! ) and also streams Bluetooth audio. This looks good in the car and has a smaller box to hide behind your dash, you can pick them up for about £30 off ebay. Don't get a Nokia CK200 as these don't stream audio and are inferior despite the higher number.

Currently I have a mechless Sony Bluetooth head unit in my A2, otherwise I would probably have installed a Nokia CK100 with a standard Audi head unit. Might still do this as I cannot get the surround to look just right with the Sony!!

Evening,

The Xcarlink I fitted is the SKU718.

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=301&cat=4

It plugged straight into my Chorus, into the CD changer socket and still leaves the ability to also plug an actual CD Changer. My Chorus now thinks it has 2 CD Changers.

I also concur that it streams adequately over Bluetooth and sounds amazing with Bose.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back