Greetings from sunny Southport !

Mick1164

Hi all just picked up an 03 1.4tdi se for £800, seems a decent car for the money. My ex used to have the 1.4 petrol a few years back which I did enjoy driving, much prefer the tdi though, just changed the thermostat as the temp wasn't getting up, need to sort the fuel flap and as there's not any service history going to have to do the cambelt soon, although on inspection it looks in good nick.
Looking forward to picking the brains of those more knowledgeable than myself and who knows maybe get myself out to a meet.
Regards all, Mick.

if fuel flap is not opening with switch on B post, check the interior light turns on when opening the drivers door, if it doesn't and lights when other doors are opened then it is likely to be the solder joints on the drivers door lock assy or the micro switch as broken (solder is more likely)
Audi decided to interlock the fuel flap and the drivers door so if the ECU sees the drivers door as closed the fuel flap switch will not open the fuel flap (beats the crap out of me why they would do such a thing)

Hi all just picked up an 03 1.4tdi se for £800, seems a decent car for the money. My ex used to have the 1.4 petrol a few years back which I did enjoy driving, much prefer the tdi though, just changed the thermostat as the temp wasn't getting up, need to sort the fuel flap and as there's not any service history going to have to do the cambelt soon, although on inspection it looks in good nick.
Looking forward to picking the brains of those more knowledgeable than myself and who knows maybe get myself out to a meet.
Regards all, Mick.

It sounds like we're almost in parallel! Just bought mine, 02 TDI, £700 paid, did cambelt last weekend, needs thermostat and fuel flap sorting too! Very pleased with it though.

Back