Chat Most miles ever ?

That's amazing stuff. Can't be a 90 if it's a pre 2002 model though - they weren't available until September 2003.

Last edited:
Today I met an A2 owner whose 1.4 tdi 90 car has done 311,000 miles.he says he bought it in 2002 with 18,000 on the clock. I'll tell him about A2OC when I see him next. Amazed.!

Hi,
We need a picture of the speedo showing the miles, this will then knock my TDI 75 of the UK top spot, I am only at 284,485 miles
but it must have done the 311,000 miles on the original engine :)
A2steve started this a few months ago 'the quest for the highest mileage A2' I think it was called.

I think Steve B as one of his rescue A2's on axle stands in 5th gear with a brick on the throttle pedal at the moment trying to overtake mine :) if this 311K miles A2 is verified then I think Steve B will save a few tanks of diesel !!!

Agreed it would be great to see pictures of this beastie to see how it's wearing the stunning mileage. Maybe it's a 2004 car if it was described as a 90 which would make the 311k all the more impressive. That's circa 25k a year isn't it?

Come on lads you need to driving your A2's and stop polishing and modding them :)

Now you wouldn't want ME to do that would you, 2,000 miles to beat your mileage wouldn't take me long ;)

Doing 150 miles on Monday.

Steve B

178k on my 51 reg a2 1.4 tdi and still runs and drives great and does 54mpg round town delivering takeaways 6 nights a week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would be well pleased if a takeaway was delivered by an A2... the meal would go cold though as I,d want to "A2 talk". The standard delivery cars local to me are rather sad looking old Nissan Micras !.

I would be well pleased if a takeaway was delivered by an A2... the meal would go cold though as I,d want to "A2 talk". The standard delivery cars local to me are rather sad looking old Nissan Micras !.
Yes everyone round here uses micra 's but as I use mine daily too and I've got 2 kids a micra just don't cut it lol. I think there's more room in the a2 than people expect

Hi,
We need a picture of the speedo showing the miles, this will then knock my TDI 75 of the UK top spot, I am only at 284,485 miles
but it must have done the 311,000 miles on the original engine :)
A2steve started this a few months ago 'the quest for the highest mileage A2' I think it was called.

I think Steve B as one of his rescue A2's on axle stands in 5th gear with a brick on the throttle pedal at the moment trying to overtake mine :) if this 311K miles A2 is verified then I think Steve B will save a few tanks of diesel !!!

He says original exhaust and clutch. I will track him down!!

He says original exhaust and clutch. I will track him down!!
I really don't see how it's possible for it to be on the original clutch after over 300k and I doubt it was all motorway miles as these cars really are only suitable for round town. I hate going on the motorway in mine cuz of how loud the engine is at 70 to 80mph

I hate going on the motorway in mine cuz of how loud the engine is at 70 to 80mph

hahahah - an easy fix for you then - try cruising on the motorway at 55 to 60
Enjoy better fuel economy, less road and engine noise and you get to sit in a great car for a little longer.

I really don't see how it's possible for it to be on the original clutch after over 300k and I doubt it was all motorway miles as these cars really are only suitable for round town. I hate going on the motorway in mine cuz of how loud the engine is at 70 to 80mph

Have you got an undertray in place? It makes a big difference on the tdi.

My previous one owner spent its life going back and forwards from London to Bristol on the M4 so they are capable.

The 90 maybe a bit quieter,but never found it ever intrusive once warm

There is definitely something wrong with your car then, on the motorway you can hardly ever hear the engine and that is on a 75 or 90.

The missing undertray will affect the noise a little but my wife's car has had hers missing for years and the noise is not an issue (at tickover outside of the car it is noisy but not on the motorway.

Believe me I have driven many thousand of miles on motorways in various A2s.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back