Seatskinz.co.uk - an alternative to retrimming?

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience of Seatskinz as a product?

They claim to be able to make tailored leather effect seat covers which go over the existing seat upholstery so neatly that it looks like factory fitted.

Leather look seats made to order for the A2 would cost about £500 so it's a bit steep for glorified seat covers but you do get to choose colours and style.

Has anyone used their products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience of Seatskinz as a product?

They claim to be able to make tailored leather effect seat covers which go over the existing seat upholstery so neatly that it looks like factory fitted.

Leather look seats made to order for the A2 would cost about £500 so it's a bit steep for glorified seat covers but you do get to choose colours and style.

Has anyone used their products?

The first question I would ask them is can they guarantee that the operation of the side airbags will not be affected in any way.

Personally I am not sure how any seat covers can guarantee this because the air bag has to burst through the seat cover.

I have seen seat covers advertised as compatible with side air bags, but I am not sure that a "money back" guarantee would help much if the air bag failed to deploy properly.

Steve B

The first question I would ask them is can they guarantee that the operation of the side airbags will not be affected in any way.

Personally I am not sure how any seat covers can guarantee this because the air bag has to burst through the seat cover.

I have seen seat covers advertised as compatible with side air bags, but I am not sure that a "money back" guarantee would help much if the air bag failed to deploy properly.

Steve B

Thanks Steve,

They claim to be entirely compatible with the side airbags. UK and TUV certification are mentioned and there is a nice slomo video of one popping out.

Thanks Steve,

They claim to be entirely compatible with the side airbags. UK and TUV certification are mentioned and there is a nice slomo video of one popping out.

That sounds fair enough then!

Steve B

I am rather curious as to how the head rests will be covered? Also, the front seats height adjustment can create a gap of up to an inch - I assume seats and back rests are covered separately? Also, the back seats are quite close to each other - with two layers of (faux) leather between the seats, will they still allow folding?

And indeed, GBP 500 isn't exactly a bargain: in NL you can have your seats rebuilt with real leather (your own choice of colour) for € 999...

Back