Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver A2 1.4 TDI SE For Sale in Aberdeenshire

Silver A2 1.4 TDI SE For Sale in Aberdeenshire

Hi Folks,

Finally selling our old faithful Audi A2 which we have owned and run since early 2004. The car has been an absolute workhorse throughout those years taking myself and the family the length and breadth of the UK on numerous holiday trips and visits to distant relations. Throughout that time it was one of the most reliable cars we have ever owned and I am advertising it on the A2 Owners Forum as I am hoping a true enthusiast will buy the car and appreciate it for what it is.

Some details:

1.4 TDI SE first registered 09/04/02.
    Colour Silver.
    Open Sky Sunroof (that works!).
    Full black leather interior.
    Electronic Climate Control (air con needs regassing).
    Concert Radio with single front loading CD player.
    Car is MOT'd to 09/08/17.
    Mileage is 269,000.

Everything electrical still works on the car.
    Tyres are all pretty fresh with plenty of life left.
    Timing belts and water pump replaced 25/11/13 at approx 232,000 miles.
    No rips or tears in leather seats, still look very good, especially for a car with that mileage.
    General interior panels and dashboard all round still in very good condition with no serious marks or scratches.
    Audi A2 floor mats still in good condition apart from driver footwell carpet and mat which has worn through.
    Some of the climate control buttons are showing signs of wear as you would expect.
    99% of the stuff under the boot floor is all there: tools, tyre inflater unit, jack, etc. And the warning triangle pack (never used).
    Externally there are the usual paint chips, crack in one of the fog lamp lenses (lamp works fine), some minor scuffs here and there.
    Alloy wheels are a bit scuffed here and there and two have broken central caps. Retaining clips shattered with age, they are in the boot and will go with the car. May be fixable?
    Drivers side rear jacking point plastic cover missing.
    The car comes with its original two keys and the plastic emergency key.

At its MOT last August just short of 900 was spent on bits and bobs that were wearing out plus labour. The following were replaced:

1 anti roll bar link.
    2 track rod ends.
    2 brake hoses.
    Section of brake pipe replaced.
    2 new brake cylinders.
    New brake fluid.
    2 new lower front suspension arms.
    Replaced drivers seatbelt (original had frayed).

The car comes with a complete service / history paperwork file covering the last 13 years of my ownership with all garage bills, MOT's and tax discs in the original Audi black leather ring binder.

It's been a great little car but we are selling as it's time for a change and there are now 5 of us in the Family (new baby last September) and the A2 only has 4 seats.

I am looking for around 1200 for rhe car or nearest offer. If that is unrealistic I am open to any decent offers. If nobody on the Forum is interested I will be sticking it on Gumtree as we need to get it sold.

Will upload some pictures in my next posting. More are available and if you want any specific photos of anything on the car just ask and I will oblige.

Send me a PM through the Forum to get in touch.

Thanks,

Alasdair.
    Last edited by alcabs; 20-03-2017 at 01:27 AM.

2. 5 users that liked this post:

murdo (20-03-2017), simufly (20-03-2017), Special edition (20-03-2017), sunsurfer (21-03-2017), THEAUDISTALKER (20-03-2017)

Sounds a really interesting wee motor. I know forums aren't everyone's cuppa tea but it'd have been grand to have shared some of the fun during those 269k miles and 13 years before deciding to move it on.

Good luck with the sale. Stay with A2 and get a bench seat. I have one and it easily transports 2 adults and 3 kids around .
    2004 TDI 90

Usual comment about this thread is worthless without pics - but sounds an interesting motor.
    A2s
    1.4tdi Ebony Black w/Red Legends Leather, 202k miles, BOSE, RNS-E, ColourDIS (Baby Boomer)
    1.4tdi Mauritius Blue, OSS, BOSE, Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    1.6 FSI SE Ebony Black, BrokenSky (Dad's)

Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades, 23 yrs
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE

Gone, but not forgotten:
    A2s: 2x1.6FSI, 2x1.4 (Po/ProjectY)
    A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs (3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio)

Pictures coming as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Tried to upload a few last night but they were failing, possibly due to their size.

Is there a size limit on file uploads? Anyone advise?

Cheers,

Alasdair.

Have the same problem my self .
    How to add pictures to anything.
    Why is there no how to anywhere on the site . ? This problem keeps arising now and again with infrequent users or new members.
    We're not all computer wizards, or have a four year old to show us how its done !

Either use photobucket and upload the pics to that then copy and paste the img code here . Or just use the tapatalk app on a phone or tablet to upload the pics

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Info here

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en...king-to-Forums

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

9. Users that liked this post:

A2Steve (20-03-2017)

As promised, some pictures of the car.
    Interior shots to follow.

Alasdair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4694.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	27788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4695.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	27789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4696.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	27790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4697.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	27791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4698.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	27792  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4700.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	27793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4701.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	27794  

11. Users that liked this post:

THEAUDISTALKER (20-03-2017)

12. I've Sent you a private message buddy check your inbox I'm interested. Cheers Luke

Quote Originally Posted by rosiedog View Post
    Have the same problem my self .
    How to add pictures to anything.
    Why is there no how to anywhere on the site . ? This problem keeps arising now and again with infrequent users or new members.
    We're not all computer wizards, or have a four year old to show us how its done !

There is a "how to" that will help, but it was designed to show how to post larger pictures, but if you are using a laptop / desktop computer it should show you how to do it.

The index is here http://www.a2oc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?90-Index

The how to for pictures is here http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...-ALL-THIS-TIME-!!!!!!

Steve B

14. Users that liked this post:

rosiedog (20-03-2017)