Window fault

Coolpix

If I press passenger switch the one touch works spot on drivers side has to pressed up and down to shut it
Any ideas people

And my light switch keeps flickering is there a bulb in the switch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
<sigh>

Reset of window: press and hold up for 2 seconds. All the way down, hold for 2. Up again, hold for two.

please define "my light switch"? For headlamps etc? Interior? If it's the headlamp switch, the repair is again documented here, but it's not that simple to complete.

- Bret

I have a feeling the switches can die. At least on my A2, there is a stored error saying that the signal from the switches is intermittently unreliable, and I have actually seen them work weirdly a couple of times.

Hi you could try spraying some silicone lubricant ie mr sheen in the rubber seal on the glass as it maybe the window is loosing its home position due to excess loading. It it could be as others have posted the switch may be at fault. The illumination on the head light switch is a common problem one of my A2's works for a few minutes then goes out the other just never lights up. They are leds and quite fiddly do get to but it's doable. Cheers Mike or it's a good time to upgrade to an auto lights switch for about £40

As said. Silicone lube on the seals. Also this MIGHT be a sign of a dying battery, I found with mine that the voltage drop caused by the motor was enough for the doors canbus module to lose the plot. So if your main battery is more than 8 years old then this might be a factor.
Unplugging the door module connectors resets this.
It might also be the switch itself or the connection between switch and module.
I have a spare door module in my garage if it helps?

As said. Silicone lube on the seals. Also this MIGHT be a sign of a dying battery, I found with mine that the voltage drop caused by the motor was enough for the doors canbus module to lose the plot. So if your main battery is more than 8 years old then this might be a factor.
Unplugging the door module connectors resets this.
It might also be the switch itself or the connection between switch and module.
I have a spare door module in my garage if it helps?

Hi have a read up on this here--
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...ght-Coming-Leaving-home&highlight=auto+lights
-i find it fab

Where do I get auto switch from and will it work with a 2001 car ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they work with a 2001, they are very cheap (around £40) and they only take 15 minutes or so to fit, no wires to attach or cut, genuinely plug and play.

See this link Automatic light + Coming / Leaving home

The problem is that the seller doesn't list them any more but they are still around if you google for a while you might find another source.

Great kit !!!

Steve B

Back