Thread: Window fault

Window fault

If I press passenger switch the one touch works spot on drivers side has to pressed up and down to shut it
    Any ideas people

And my light switch keeps flickering is there a bulb in the switch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coolpix; 20-03-2017 at 12:50 AM.

<sigh>

Reset of window: press and hold up for 2 seconds. All the way down, hold for 2. Up again, hold for two.

please define "my light switch"? For headlamps etc? Interior? If it's the headlamp switch, the repair is again documented here, but it's not that simple to complete.

- Bret
    Do not expect spoonfeeding, you will be disappointed.

2002 Petrol. Modded inside. 'nuff said.
    German A2 Forum Administrator.

Tried that on window still the same

I have a feeling the switches can die. At least on my A2, there is a stored error saying that the signal from the switches is intermittently unreliable, and I have actually seen them work weirdly a couple of times.

It's the night time illumination that keeps going on and off

Hi you could try spraying some silicone lubricant ie mr sheen in the rubber seal on the glass as it maybe the window is loosing its home position due to excess loading. It it could be as others have posted the switch may be at fault. The illumination on the head light switch is a common problem one of my A2's works for a few minutes then goes out the other just never lights up. They are leds and quite fiddly do get to but it's doable. Cheers Mike or it's a good time to upgrade to an auto lights switch for about 40
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-AUDI DRIVER INTERNATIONAL AT CASTLE COMBE . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

Where do I get auto switch from and will it work with a 2001 car ?

As said. Silicone lube on the seals. Also this MIGHT be a sign of a dying battery, I found with mine that the voltage drop caused by the motor was enough for the doors canbus module to lose the plot. So if your main battery is more than 8 years old then this might be a factor.
    Unplugging the door module connectors resets this.
    It might also be the switch itself or the connection between switch and module.
    I have a spare door module in my garage if it helps?
    I owned A2's for 10 years and fixed quite a few. Now I drive a BMW milk float and hang around here only because of the friends I made owning an A2. Might buy another at some point!

http://db.tt/Nyyb75g

9. Users that liked this post:

Special edition (20-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by chb View Post
    As said. Silicone lube on the seals. Also this MIGHT be a sign of a dying battery, I found with mine that the voltage drop caused by the motor was enough for the doors canbus module to lose the plot. So if your main battery is more than 8 years old then this might be a factor.
    Unplugging the door module connectors resets this.
    It might also be the switch itself or the connection between switch and module.
    I have a spare door module in my garage if it helps?
    Hi have a read up on this here--
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...ht=auto+lights
    -i find it fab
    Daily driver-2005 Akoya silver TDI Special Edition-----------------show car yellow colour storm TDI modified.
    next social will be 16th September-AUDI DRIVER INTERNATIONAL AT CASTLE COMBE . pm me ideas for consideration please

A2OC Has a Facebook page ----https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudiA2Owners/

INSTAGRAM---TAG "A2oc" or Follow me ---- a2sumo

ALL A2'S ARE WELCOME AT CAR SHOWS/SOCIALS SO COME JOIN THE FUN

i will now have with me at socials the club decals and key rings please just ask--NOW SELLING MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE SUPPORT BANDS-SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP MEDICAL PROGRESS-ON BEHALF OF TOURANGANG(JOHN)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolpix View Post
    Where do I get auto switch from and will it work with a 2001 car ?

Yes they work with a 2001, they are very cheap (around 40) and they only take 15 minutes or so to fit, no wires to attach or cut, genuinely plug and play.

See this link Automatic light + Coming / Leaving home

The problem is that the seller doesn't list them any more but they are still around if you google for a while you might find another source.

Great kit !!!

Steve B