Thread: Looking to sell our A2 1.6 FSI Sport, need some advice on selling as is or

Looking to sell our A2 1.6 FSI Sport, need some advice on selling as is or

Hi, It been 5 yeas since we bought our A2 & now its time to sell but not sure whether to sell as is or spend some money on detailing.

Its a Met Black 1.6 FSI with 5 seats, its done 102K, full service history, air con, the wheels are the 17" 9 Spoke RS4 alloys but they need refurbing at a cost of around 350-400 (I was going to get them done at lepsoms), the car is in good condition but will need be Valeted/cleaned. The display on the 6CD Symphony radio is faulty & does not correctly show the info, a middle strip is missing. it all works though

It just had an mot & failed on washers direction, light bulb & nearside lamp aim needs adjusting, it had an advisory on the brake disc being rusty as it sat for the last few months, number plate & tyre which I was going to replace. Obviously I will get the items done for the mot.

Its a nice car let down cosmetically so my question is it worth spending approx 500 refurbing the wheels, replacing the discs & pads, detailing the bodywork & valeting the interior. i.e do you think I will get the money back or will it just make it more desirable, & how much would I expect to get for it now with & without doing the work?
    Last edited by hifisi; 20-03-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Personally, first of all I wouldn't bother with the wheel refurb, you're certainly not going to get an extra 300 just for the wheels... I'd concentrate on getting the other bits presented nicely, through it's MOT and having a good valet job done on it. Value wise, it's a bit of a minefield out there at the moment, values seem to be anywhere between 700 and 2,500 for a mint one. Yours sounds nice, but (again, this is a personal thought) it sounds like yours will need perhaps 1,000 to put all the things right (stereo, MOT bits and good detail/valet etc.) I think you would have to wait for the right buyer if you put in all the effort. You might be better of selling as is (maybe getting through MOT) for ~ 1,000 - 1,200.
    A2 - 1.4tdi Fake ColourStorm - Red Leather, 198k miles (Baby Boom Box)
    A2 - 1.6FSI - Blue, cloth, but Symphony, 57k miles (GG)
    A2 - 1.4FSI - Blue, Heated Cream Leather, Pepperpots, OSS (Po!)
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, Bose
    Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport engine, many upgrades

Gone, but not forgotten - A2 1.6FSI, A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13x Sciroccos, 3x Corrados (including a mythical Campaign), 4x Mk1 Golfs (3xN and 1x GLi Cabriolet)

have uploaded some pictures for info,

I don't think it will cost 1000 but I take your point, it could easily be 500-800! The thing is the wheels do let the car down but where do you stop?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2217.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	27843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2218.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	27844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2219.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	540.5 KB 
ID:	27837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2220.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	27838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2221.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	27839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2222.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	27840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2223.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	27841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	27842
    Last edited by hifisi; 20-03-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added photos

Hello,

Whats the paint like?

It could be what I'm after, where abouts in the U.K. Are you?

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

The paint is in good condition, the rear spoiler needs refreshing though, easy job to do yourself with a spray or pay more to have it done professionally. Its going to be valeted/detailed & serviced next week plus I was getting the wheels properly refurbished i.e straightened, dipped, stripped & repainted. It's just passed its Mot with an advisory for a tyre which I will replace.

I'm am in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex. Near Hastings.

Regards Simon

I think you'd be better re-launching the advert with new photos once valeted and the wheels done. It looks like a nice car.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...at-do-you-need

2004 Audi A2 1.4 TDI 75 SE

Well I didnt actually advertise it, I was asking advice & one of the mods (I don't know who?) moved the thread to this forum.