Accelerator pedal unusual revs

DarkHorse

A2OC Donor
Has anyone come across this problem before?

I only noticed it when I got to work and revved the engine while stationary. The revs took longer to go down. I repeated a few times and replicated the problem each time I depressed the pedal.

Turned off ignition, turned it on again and the problem went away. I'm just hoping this isn't another electrical fault to deal with. Just can't understand why the off and on again routine would clear it if it was mechanical.

Same problem this morning. Arrived to work and found the revs taking longer to go down each time I pressed the accelerator.

Switch engine off then on, problem gone.

Same problem this morning. Arrived to work and found the revs taking longer to go down each time I pressed the accelerator.

Switch engine off then on, problem gone.

That is a strange one, I suppose it could be a dodgy throttle pedal assembly (problem with the electronics)

Is there any way that you could try plugging in a different throttle pedal unit and seeing of that helps?

I am not sure what else could make it do this?

Steve B

I have no idea either. I just don't understand why it gets to that point once I've completed the journey. Perhaps I'll need to monitor it on the way home and in the morning, but the car is rarely stationary until I get to work each morning. It just does not make sense why the problem would clear with a restart. If it's mechanical then surely it would be there permanently, hence my thoughts that it is electrical.

The car will be with WOM to service the selector tower and hunt down the electrical gremlin currently wiping out my speedo and power steering over Easter. Funny thing is, the beeps from DIS don't seem to sound so loud anymore now that I get them every time I start the car!

That is a strange one, I suppose it could be a dodgy throttle pedal assembly (problem with the electronics)

Is there any way that you could try plugging in a different throttle pedal unit and seeing of that helps?

I am not sure what else could make it do this?

Steve B

Back