Rear Spring Mounts

Clackers

Wales
Hi folks, my car has suddenly started making a very loud 'padoing' noise from the drivers rear...i'be had it on the ramp and the spring seems very sloppy.....i'be ordered new springs from my local factor, but do I need to replace top and bottom mounts? The bottom one on the drivers side looks battered....any part numbers or best place to obtain them from would be appreciated....or even better anyone got cheap spares lying around??? Thanks in advane.

Hi folks, my car has suddenly started making a very loud 'padoing' noise from the drivers rear...i'be had it on the ramp and the spring seems very sloppy.....i'be ordered new springs from my local factor, but do I need to replace top and bottom mounts? The bottom one on the drivers side looks battered....any part numbers or best place to obtain them from would be appreciated....or even better anyone got cheap spares lying around??? Thanks in advane.

I suspect that you have a broken coil, they are not always obvious, often it is the lower coil that breaks and so it reduces the size of the spring and allows it to move around and that has probably damaged the lower "pad" that it sits on. I would always recommend new mounting pads because they can affect the ride height a little and also they help quieten the action.

They should not be expensive and so well worth doing. (buy them from the Audi dealers, you can even message CreweAudi on here and get a price for them delivered!)

Steve B

As per usual, Steve B you are a true legend....Many thanks for that, i'll bell them tomorrow, I take it i'm asking for lower spring pads then? Cheers for the quick reply......Clackers

As per usual, Steve B you are a true legend....Many thanks for that, i'll bell them tomorrow, I take it i'm asking for lower spring pads then? Cheers for the quick reply......Clackers

Yes,

They look a little like a "Top hat", you can send a message on here if you want they have a thread, just search for CreweAudi

Steve B

Back