Glove compartment door problem

Mike.M

A2OC Donor
The door of the compartment would not open as normal and when I pulled the handle a little harder it snapped off from the door.
Is there any way other then hammer and chisel to release the catch?

Regards
Mike

likely that the hinge pin on the glovebox lid as come out, seems to be a quite common issue, they are a steel pin, plated in a gold colour

I just put a carry bag in the footwell and the glove box handle got caught and fell off. Looks like it has broken? Where abouts is the catch that holds the glove box up? Just so I know where to prise it gently with a screwdriver to get it to open and hopefully repair or replace the door catch.

Many thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

As Bret suggested, I first praised the right side pulling gently on the door until there was a slight forward movement then the left side until the door opened.
I thought my was broken but the handle went back in with no problem other then now only the right pin moves when pulling the handle.
I solved the problem by blocking the left side hole so it only locks on the one side.

Hope this helps
Mike

Hi Mike,
I just went out to sort it. Trying to see how to open it and found I could slide the catch with my finger to open the glove box! Closer inspection of the handle made me realize like you my handle wasnt broken but I had somehow managed just to ping it out earlier with my bag. Got my head down and under and saw that I could just pop it back in place...Sorted! All working fine!

Question. What does everyone keep in their glove box? I keep all sorts of things but no gloves,...... ever!:rolleyes::p

Hi Nigel,

As Bret suggested, I first praised the right side pulling gently on the door until there was a slight forward movement then the left side until the door opened.
I thought my was broken but the handle went back in with no problem other then now only the right pin moves when pulling the handle.

I solved the problem by blocking the left side hole so it only locks on the one side.

Hope this helps
Mike

Back