Golf injectors and fuel rail?

Think I need to replace the fuel rail and injectors on my 2002 1.6 fsi bad engine. I see a lot of fuel rails and injectors for sale on eBay for a golf 1.6 fsi. The injector part numbers are the same but the golf ones have an a after the number. Will they fit ok?

Hi i have had new injectors fitted a good few years back -genuine audi (not cheep) i have probably done 100k miles since. Knowing the amount of work involved i don't think i would fit second hand units. The injectors may be the same but may not--The fuel rail is part of the manifold so unless thats damaged you wont need that but you will need tip seals and the brass seals that fit the rail. You could get your injectors serviced but not that many places can do the high pressure injectors.
What has led you to needing new injectors ? Getting back to the golf and any other FSI badged car--i believe that they are not the same FSI as the A2 but just direct injection without the stratified cycle.
cheers mike

I have a misfire that only occurs when the car is warmed up. The previous owner took the thermostat out so it would drive ok for longer! About to get vcds or similar to see what the injectors are doing. Engine has been compression tested and had new plugs and coil packs. Earth point behind the light has been done too. Mrs is so fed up with it she has bought another car so I just need to fix it then sell it

Hi as the problem is when hot its worth getting the lambda checked out as many FSI owners say they often go--not had it on my one though. Also check the egr valve feed pipe as they crack and draw un metered air into the exhaust that causes misfires and rough running. cheers mike

Back