Unwanted Guests

Hi All,

It's been a while but so pleased to see that the community is hugely successful.

So I believe that my alarm/fob signal has been blocked and someone is able to gain access to my beloved A2. First of all, I thought I didn't lock the car only to return to my vehicle in the morning on a school run to find that every crevice had been searched and emptied with a North Face jacket and (oddly) my daughters broken bell from her scooter missing.

Following that, my little one's scooter has gone walkies from the boot and there have been two unlawful entries since then. All reported to the police, under duress they sent forensics over who discovered they couldn't retrieve anything as the attending officers contaminated and erased any prints which were there!

Bottom line, I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully managed to rig an A2 with hidden camera's so I may catch the culprit. Desirable locations and small wide angle cameras is what I'm after but has anyone done this before and what advice can you give me?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to your replies.

I can't help with hidden cameras, and I could be wrong also on this next point, but will PM those in the know for you in case they miss your post.

Would said he first step be to investigate having all your keys re-coded to the car so they can't get in again?

Hi All,

It's been a while but so pleased to see that the community is hugely successful.

So I believe that my alarm/fob signal has been blocked and someone is able to gain access to my beloved A2. First of all, I thought I didn't lock the car only to return to my vehicle in the morning on a school run to find that every crevice had been searched and emptied with a North Face jacket and (oddly) my daughters broken bell from her scooter missing.

Following that, my little one's scooter has gone walkies from the boot and there have been two unlawful entries since then. All reported to the police, under duress they sent forensics over who discovered they couldn't retrieve anything as the attending officers contaminated and erased any prints which were there!

Bottom line, I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully managed to rig an A2 with hidden camera's so I may catch the culprit. Desirable locations and small wide angle cameras is what I'm after but has anyone done this before and what advice can you give me?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to your replies.

You can always look at the kind of in car video cameras that are designed to record your journey, hiding one away is not that easy though, but if you get one that records remotely onto your network or phone perhaps even if they steal the camera you will have nice clear pictures of them doing it (they will probably think that they are stealing the recording too and so won't be all that careful about hiding their faces.

Google in car cameras and you may find something.

I would recommend that you get all of your keys recoded. You can (or at least someone with VCDS can) clear them out but to be extra safe I would suggest new remote fobs after you have cleared the old keys. It might be worth getting new immobiliser chips for them too (or complete keys from eBay perhaps) but if they don't have one of your actual keys they will not have the immobiliser chips.

But changing and recoding the "remote" half of the keys is worth doing.

It might be worth contacting Sarge a very nice member on here, he is in London and could recode your keys for you.

Steve B

I would start by checking if the car alarm works!. Lock car, wait 30 seconds, then use key in door and open door, after a few seconds the alarm should sound. This then removes the fact that they aren't getting into the car with a just basic key and your alarm is active and working.

Then it is worth clearing all remotes programmed to the car and reprogram only those that you have, this is done via VCDS. This removes the possible rogue remote/s from the system.

The third step is to reprogram only those remote/s and keys that are in your possession to the immobiliser, any remotes or keys absent during this process will be eliminated and won't let the car start with them after this.

Sarge

This might do the trick for you : https://www.amazon.co.uk/FREDI-Wire...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YTJMVCMYKSYARZXCBDAS
the camera itself is miniscule and has a small battery, and sd card socket to which it records when it detects movement, you could hide the battery away (maybe even pop the stereo out, put the battery behind it and just have the tiny camera sticking out of the side.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike,

That looks good and have seen these in the past. The main issue I'm having is how wide an angle that camera is.

May have to get multiple cameras and plant then in the car. Is this something you've tried and tested before as in rigging up the system?

Just want to catch the culprits as I've gone doen the police route and they weren't as helpful as least expected.

Hi Sarge,
Thanks for your reply and have had a play and the alarm is working but still begs to question how people are gaining entry? Does the alarm stop after a while after its been trigger (and if it's been triggered at all) or are they using a generic blocker to gain access and going around the alarm altogether?

Are you available to help reprogramming my fobs at all please? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Back