Fob/Windows/Locking Issue...Riddle me this...

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me why my window goes down on it's own when I attempt to close it whilst driving. Worst still is when it's I park and it takes me some time to close the window as it feels like a battle with the car or computer itself. To resolve at this moment in time, I have to close my window in small increments for it to fully close...it's crazy!

Also, I'm able to lock my car with my fob fine as it's just had that 'key-engine' relationship is there, present, in place and very much taken for granted. When i return to the car, using my fob to unlock my car is no longer at times a possibility and very annoying. I have to manually unlock the car door, then put the key in the ignition in order to open the door for the girls and/or gain access to the boot.

Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to resolve the issue?

Many thanks and please help,
Stevie.

window issue could simply be the window is too tight in the runners, causing it to think it as trapped someones fingers and therefore immediately drops the window. However with the lock issue I would be suspecting the CCCU is failing. Both locks and windows and alarm plus other things are under the control of the CCCU.
The early CCCU is know to have a dodgy chip from new, Timmus is you man to diagnose and also offers an exchange CCCU service

window issue could simply be the window is too tight in the runners, causing it to think it as trapped someones fingers and therefore immediately drops the window. However with the lock issue I would be suspecting the CCCU is failing. Both locks and windows and alarm plus other things are under the control of the CCCU.
The early CCCU is know to have a dodgy chip from new, Timmus is you man to diagnose and also offers an exchange CCCU service

Yes, this may well be the cause of your window problem, chances are freeing up the runners will help.

Try carefully wetting them first to see if that helps, if it does you need to look for suitable lubricants.

but also try resetting the window throw.

Ignition on and stationary
Open the window fully in one sweep and keep the button down for two seconds after it has opened fully,
Then close the window in one sweep (hopefully it will do it without stopping, especially if you have sorted out the tight runners) and again hold the button up for two seconds after it is fully closed.

You might need to try it a couple of times, but it might help.

As for the key, are you sure it is not just a the key fob battery running low?

Steve B

Guys,

So sorry for the late reply but truly grateful for all getting in touch with their thoughts, solutions and replies.

Looks like Tom (Timmus) is my guy...does anyone have any contact details for him at all please?

Will keep you posted and hopefully get to the bottom of all.

Stevie

just drop him a PM under user name Timmus

He does tend to be a busy guy, so you may not get an immediate response, but he is a top block and will get back to you
Assuming it is the CCCU, he does a mail order repair service, but you would then need to get your keys programmed to the repaired CCCU, anyone with VAGCOM will be able to do this for you, Sarge is London way from memory, drop Sarge a PM I'm sure he will sort you out

just drop him a PM under user name Timmus

He does tend to be a busy guy, so you may not get an immediate response, but he is a top block and will get back to you
Assuming it is the CCCU, he does a mail order repair service, but you would then need to get your keys programmed to the repaired CCCU, anyone with VAGCOM will be able to do this for you, Sarge is London way from memory, drop Sarge a PM I'm sure he will sort you out

Wicked and thank you so much! Will get in touch with both.

Back