Information Wiper arm

My wiper arm is very worn at the blade end joints. Can it be repaired? Or where can I purchase a new one? I've found a site in Germany but I'm guessing it is a LHD one.

My wiper arm is very worn at the blade end joints. Can it be repaired? Or where can I purchase a new one? I've found a site in Germany but I'm guessing it is a LHD one.

If you want the best option then it is to get the late model wiper arm from a dealer such as CreweAudi. Best part of £100 but anything else is likely to be a short term solution.

But some people on here have found ways of reducing the play.

One thing to bear in mind is that so many A2s have had a scrape gouged into their windscreen by sloppy wiper arms and at around £180 for a screen to be fitted, the new wiper arm is good value (and the later flexi wiper blades are better and much quieter.

Steve B

They can be repaired, I have done a couple over the last 12 months, turned some custom pivot pins from Stainless Steel, and reamed out the original holes to get nice round holes again, turn the custom pins to get a nice fit, then rivet over the custom pins, result in no play and a wiper that does not judder. A nice coat of black paint out of a rattle can finishes it off and looks like new. Takes a couple of hours of effort, but if you have access to a lathe it is a zero cost repair

Is it possible to do the repair on my arm? I haven't got access to a lathe, unfortunately. What would the cost be?

Thanks

Back