Social meeting - Scotland

mrbroons

It has come to the time of year again when we see that glowing orb in the sky that mystifies us so much.

In line with the coming of the warm(er) weather it is time to see if we would all like to get together for a chin-wag, some mild to moderate A2 OCD-ness and a possibly a bite to eat.

As before a quick discussion on:

Day of the week
Time
Date (watching for collision with other events in the club - see social calendar)
Location (we will host the event centrally based on who can attend - so think of this last)

Answers on a postcard or if possible post on this thread.

Edit : Link to May 7th social in Glasgow

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&eventid=103

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up for that James. Great idea.

Saturday late morning probably best for me. I'll wait for others to comment first ref dates as my shift pattern means I'll try and fit in with others etc .

Agree ref central location although we might need to consider that a bit more if any of our northern English brothers and sisters fancy a trip to the EU. :D

Ample parking and a decent place for nosh our priorities (and shelter in case it rains )

Happy to help organise as per last time. Many hands etc

How about early to mid May ( there's an A2OC meet on 28th ). In the south west there's the David Coulthard museum in Twynholm. Was going to suggest the Colin McRae museum in Lanark but I can't find anything online about that. Will do some searching. Couple of ideas to start us off

http://www.davidcoulthard.co.uk/dcmuseum.htm

Edit : it's closed pending relocation !!! Ah well. Back to the drawing board.

Or the riverside museum of transport in Glasgow.

http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/riverside/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited:
Now just how far is MK to Scotland return...

Just long enough to make it a thoroughly enjoyable drive in a classic A2. Memory serving my trip to MK a couple of years ago was about 1000 mile round trip including the dotting about I did along the way . Could you bear to add that yo your wee treasure in one go DC?:)

( 356 Miles and 6 hours each way if you're no stopping ) .

Last edited:
I'm up the river side museum (probably because of the 10min drive, but also a good place to see cars etc). Plenty of hotels nearby: Ibis, Travelodge, Premiere Inn etc. Plenty of multistory car parks, the "city parking" ones are £3 flat rate 6pm-8am.

Euan

Mobile post via AdminVB_Elite

Cheers M. Yep, I would enjoy that; even accruing that mileage in a single hit would be a plus for the car - a good run that and just what is needed. I would just need you to guarantee the sunshine and find a way to keep the kids and Di occupied en route. :p

Just long enough to make it a thoroughly enjoyable drive in a classic A2. Memory serving my trip to MK a couple of years ago was about 1000 mile round trip including the dotting about I did along the way . Could you bear to add that yo your wee treasure in one go DC?:)

( 356 Miles and 6 hours each way if you're no stopping ) .

Ok, so temptation got the better of me. All being well the FSI will accrue a much needed c.800 miles from MK to bonnie wee Scotland and back. We are booked into the Premier Inn Saturday night.

Look forward to meeting some new faces as well as seeing those I (we) know well.

To add, we are staying at the Glasgow Pacific Quay (SECC) Premier Inn. Room rate is good at below £100 for a family room with breakfast (refundable rate). There are better deals to be had if you don't want breakfast, are certain of attending and aren't travelling as a clan. http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...=2&COT1=0&INTTYP1=FAM&SID=4&ISH=true&BRAND=PI

Last edited:
Ok, so temptation got the better of me. All being well the FSI will accrue a much needed c.800 miles from MK to bonnie wee Scotland and back. We are booked into the Premier Inn Saturday night.

Look forward to meeting some new faces as well as seeing those I (we) know well.

To add, we are staying at the Glasgow Pacific Quay (SECC) Premier Inn. Room rate is good at below £100 for a family room with breakfast (refundable rate). There are better deals to be had if you don't want breakfast, are certain of attending and aren't travelling as a clan. http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...=2&COT1=0&INTTYP1=FAM&SID=4&ISH=true&BRAND=PI
Darren! those miles lol

If I can improve on the current c.50mpg on a run Mike; I'll be thrilled. :) Agree though in all seriousness; it is long overdue a significant run in my care. Re: the haggis - that's why the whole family are going - more eyes on the road ahead just in case... :D

FSI much better than a spawn of satan oil burner. Good run will clear the cob webs and up the average economy. Just watch out for haggis running around as its mating time and they go all loopy. cheers mike

I was thinking we might come along to this as well then realised the date and it clashes with our nieces engagement party on the Saturday night plus I may be travelling to the states for work that weekend as well.

Have fun everyone and lots of pictures.

I was thinking we might come along to this as well then realised the date and it clashes with our nieces engagement party on the Saturday night plus I may be travelling to the states for work that weekend as well.

Have fun everyone and lots of pictures.

Very humbling that our A2 family are considering this trip north for our wee meet. Can't 'Trump ' a trip to the States though Vonnie. :D Hope you have a good trip and do many 'great great things' in your field of expertise.

It's our daughters birthday on the Friday 5th May and party on Saturday hence one of the reasons we've opted for the Sunday meeting which won't suit everyone for commuting / work or school on Monday - but once again it's humbling that people making the effort. So far we've more people signed up from south of the border than the 'Jocks '

Looking forward to it - and come on our local A2 clan - get signed up and come along for a chinwag. :D

So far we've more people signed up from south of the border than the 'Jocks '

That's because we're planning an ambush when they get here Murdo :D take their cars and strip them for all the assets they have :)

I've been having issues lately with two laptops that crashed the same day one Macbook and the other PC :( hard drive issues all fixed now but a tiresome lesson learned......always make a backup especially if you have photos!

I should be able to attend this meet unless I'm struck by lightning :/

Cammy

That's because we're planning an ambush when they get here Murdo :D take their cars and strip them for all the assets they have :)

I've been having issues lately with two laptops that crashed the same day one Macbook and the other PC :( hard drive issues all fixed now but a tiresome lesson learned......always make a backup especially if you have photos!

I should be able to attend this meet unless I'm struck by lightning :/

Cammy

There are just a few more people south of the Border than in Jockland too...
I'm hoping to make it (with 3 year old in tow) if only to see what a working gearbox feels like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back