Valeo clutches - any good?

I've decided to bite the bullet and put a new clutch in my A2 next week. I know Sachs and Luk are good options, but how does Valeo compare? I'd have thought similar but am interested to hear thoughts.

Can get a kit on ebay for £106, which seems very reasonable. Will renew the top hat sleeve too.

Thanks in advance.

I would not touch Valeo. I have just taken one out of a 1.4 petrol A2, it was fitted max 20K miles ago and the release bearing as already worn through most of the cover plate fingers.
I got an LUK clutch kit including the cross arm that the release bearing attached too and the top hat all delivered for £73 from Germany via uk Ebay - it was a cracking deal for an LUK clutch kit

I also removed an LUK clutch as 278,000 miles from my TDI A2, and yes it was the original clutch, needless to say I replaced it with another LUK clutch.
The feel of both is first rate, light pedal and very smooth take up of the clutch

All in all quality always shines through and the petrol LUK kit when you consider the cost of the top hat was actually about the same price as the Valeo clutch

Cheers,

Hi - always thought that Valeo was an original supplier for audi a2 clutches although perhaps the ones currently available are not to the original specifications being aftermarket.
The original headlights are produced by Valeo also
Cheers Dave

Interesting comments - thank you. I know Valeo parts are factory fit for many parts on PSA group cars.

I think I'll pay that bit extra and get a Luk kit. Paul, do you know if the seller did TDI clutches, and if so can you give any details?!

The ebay seller that I used a couple of weeks ago for the LUK clutch kit was atp-spareparts
I have had a quick look and it would appears that they are in the £135 delivered price region for a 3 piece LUK clutch kit for the 1.4TDI
This seems to be on a par with other listing on ebay for an LUK clutch kit

When I did my TDI last year I paid £116 delivered for the LUK clutch kit, but I was looking for some days on ebay to get that deal and it didn't include the cross arm or the top hat

The top hat was £9 from Andrew Page, and it has VAG stamped on it :)
The cross arm was Audi main dealer only and was about £12 from memory, plus the ball ended pivot bolt for it at about £3 and the spring clip at £0.68
Pay particular attention to the ball ended bolt and the wearing surface on the cross arm, mine had worn the ball end off the bolt and right through the cross arm, resulting in release bearing failure

As far as I am aware Audi only ever fitted SACHE or LUK clutches

New clutch kit now ordered. I found a Sachs kit for £134 delivered and have also ordered a top hat sleeve.

It looks like my easter holiday will be a busy one!

Back