Suspension overhaul

Coolpix

Hi people after a bit of digging with Audi I have found that my a2 2001 1.4tdi has standard suspension I have some questions for all of you

Are kyb shocks and springs any good or should I go for boge has been offered both at a good price ?

And could I fit the sport shocks and springs instead of standard in kyb or boge ?

I was previously advised on Monroe reflex but in the standard chassis they don't use reflex shocks so they be out the window .

Would love to hear if anyone has fitted the kyb or boge and it did improve the terrible ride on the a2

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently fitted Bilstein shocks and springs at the front end of my A2 and I'm impressed with them. There are a lot of posts about certain shock/spring combinations affecting the front end ride height but mine seems mo sit nicely on them. I will soon be mating Bilstein rear springs to new Audi shocks that I have in hand.

The cheapest I could find was from a supplier in (I think) Devon. I've just been looking but can't find my order confirmation email otherwise I would pass their details on. If you visit bilstein-shocks.co.uk you can easily establish what the Bilstein part numbers are then bob them in Google to find the lowest price. The dealer I used I recall did free shipping too which makes things a bit cheaper. Good luck!

Cheers I priced up bilsteins but prices vary so much

Did you get anywhere with this Coolpix? I assume were talking Bilstein B6, did you look at the B4? What springs did you go for?

Cheers, Chris

I went for kyb shocks and springs and top mounts all fit like a dream and very good ride on car now compared to how it was .

I also fitted KYB springs and shocks, very easy job and quality parts. I bought new bump stops and spring seats from Audi though as I did not want to risk others. Rubber parts from Audi £59, KYB springs £45 and shocks £42.50 (pair).

I also fitted KYB springs and shocks, very easy job and quality parts. I bought new bump stops and spring seats from Audi though as I did not want to risk others. Rubber parts from Audi £59, KYB springs £45 and shocks £42.50 (pair).

DID you install these yourself?

Back