1.6 FSI In-tank Fuel Pump - Same as 1.4?

Philip

Could anyone confirm if the actual in-tank pump itself (i.e. not the whole assembly with chamber, float etc.) is the same as that in the 1.4? Haven't identifed an Audi part number yet.

Last edited:
8Z0919051C for the FSI 'fuel delivery unit' for models 'BBY' and 'BAD' (Not sure what the 1.4 engine code is?)

8Z0919051A for the 'AUA' & 'BBY'.

Nick

The pump may be the same but the fuel sender is different I think. I have a 1.4 sender on my FSI and the resistance from the unit is inverted showing empty on full. Check the part numbers first if possible.

as far as I know the resistance being the wrong way round is to do with the fuel tank size, when they changed to the larger tank the resistance on the tank sender unit was reversed. I'm not sure if the sender unit from the small and larger tanks are interchangeable

The change in the resistance 'direction' (low-to-high or high-to-low) of the fuel tank level sender did not coincide with the change in fuel tank size. The later sender can be found in A2s with both sizes of fuel tank. The earlier sender only ever featured in the 34-litre tank. This applied to all A2s except the 1.2 TDI.
All FSIs and TDI90s were made with the later sender.

Sorry for the thread swerve.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks all - I'm intending to replace only the pump itself and reuse the existing plastic housing, sender unit, float etc. Most of the aftermarket pumps seem to be marketed as compatible with a range of vehicles up to and including the 180 bhp TT.

As I understand it, 8Z0919051A is for all types of petrol engines up to 29.04.2002, 8Z0919051C is for all petrol engines after that date. And the fuel sender type switches over on the same date.
In any case, as has already been stated, aftermarket pumps (at least as long as they are only the bare pumps) are usually stated as compatible to both parts.

Back