Coding a new stereo usign vag com

leehallum

A2OC Donor
Hello,

Does anyone here have any experience in needing to code a new stereo to get it to work using Vag com?

I am going to install a new symphony 2+ stereo to replace my symphony 2, and I did a quick test on the weekend to see if it would connect but didnt work, so looking through here and on some other forums I think I need to use vag com to get the newer stereo to work?

I have all the right cable harness and arial converters/ connectors so its all good to go. and I had previously bought a vag com cable that came with a cd, but have never used it.

Has anyone here done this before? is it fairly straightforward to do? or best to take it to a garage to do incase I mess something up : )

Ta

I just did a quick bit of research, from what I could find out the radio should work straight away, but that depends on what you mean by 'connect'

If you mean connect to the DIS etc. I would hazard a guess that it will do this by canbus, assuming you've got a canbus model I would follow the RNS-E guide for the canbus hi-lo (not particularly clued up with this mind)

If you mean turn on at all, i'm not sure vagcom will help you, but again i would take a look at the RNS-E guides and see if there is anything to glean from them.

Back